NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Why we are here

My drive and ambition drove away about a year ago. A tragedy that struck our family sort of sucked the life out of me. But that which does not kill us, makes us stronger, right? Or, I keep hearing lately that we are always either entering a valley, in a valley, or coming out of a valley. Others describe it as up and down mountains. Well, I live in the mountains and going up and down the steep ones make my ears pop and give me a headache!!

So what of all this? Why are we here? Well, we are here to learn about and share God's love. Even in a crisis we are called to share love and forgive "our trespassers". Walt Disney said it best in Meet the Robinsons, "Keep moving forward".

So I 'accidentally' discover this link to a Homeschooling Blog Carnival. "What is a blog carnival?" I ask myself. I start reading various entries... thinking I am just humoring the authors. But the more I read, the more I am drawn in. These people have the same challenges and trials I do! Rough days, kids that resist a subject, successes, failures, critics, and cheerleaders. How naive.... I thought it was just me! But the proverbial, 'icing on the cake' was a blog where one mom set down a list of a highly successful day she was proud to report. Oh how I missed those days.

See, I am a list maker. I pride myself in simple accomplishments like folding laundry and vacuuming the stairs (a tedious task to be sure). I have let that go and given into the Divine laziness that I have chided other mothers for. Not that I think everyone should be "perfect" just that everyone should do their part. I had let my steam go out of my engine. I had quit doing my part. Why? Because I let trouble get me down.

Wherever we go trouble can find us. It is up to us to banish it each time. A favorite saying I have on the side of my fridge states, "When the devil comes knocking just say, 'Jesus, would you get that for me'" Amen to that!

So here I start my adventure, or rather reclaim my ground, with this realm of blogging. There is much work to be done inside and outside this body of mine. I pray all those who decide to follow along will be empowered by my adventures as mom, homeschooler, wife, and member of the human race.

(For information on why I homeschool you can read my post, "How it all began")

No comments:

Post a Comment