NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

When Waiting Has Arrived

We have waited 17 years for this day... feeling it may never come (can time really pass that fast?)  I think he must realize the significance too because he lingers a little longer, stands a little closer, and even gives me a warm hug when all is done. 

He knows my mother's heart cries at simple things, and this is no exception.  Honestly, I think his heart is touched too.

We have a tradition in our family.  One we have had since kids began to pile up and "But I want to put the star on this year" might be heard. 

We decorate the tree together, each has their own ornaments gifted from grandparents (and parents!).  Some made, some saved... but all make it on the tree with love and patience I find remarkable year-after-year.

Then that moment...
The angel is placed on her regal bow, ready to do God's bidding and watch over our house through the season.  Each year one child gets a turn.  With four children rotating, a 'year' is forever!  We did the math when he was 12, Zach's turn would come his senior year of high school... his last Christmas home as a 'child', his last Christmas to have the blessing of holding a peace of heaven in his hands and saying, "I did that" under the roof of mom and dad.

Everyone else is excited to watch the final touch be added to the tree.  My eyes are a little less dry this Christmas.  He waited so long... I waited feeling like it would never come... and it is here.

How does that happen?  Like a blink and we are there.  Is waiting really waiting after all? 

I know it isn't an encouraging word today... scripture to make the day a bit lighter... but perhaps a bit of testimony, a realization of one mom; that age-old-idea that our children grow up too fast and I really wouldn't mind waiting a little longer!  But I am grateful God guides their hearts.  That the joy of each passing season can remain.  And when times are rough, and they have been rough in spots over the years, there is always hope.  Sometimes hope simply grows in the waiting.

Well, maybe I do have a scripture to share...

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
- Romans 15:13


May your waiting be filled with peace and hope as this Christmas season begins.

Many blessings to all of you,









6 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! A great reminder that the waiting isn't really waiting. My mancub is 14... all to soon will be his last Christmas at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sweet Amanda....What a GREAT tradition! I see the years slipping by and I pour everything into each day....more now...than ever. Today, a friend commented on my youngest...she said "He's growing up"....the chubby child cheeks and fingers...gone...and tomorrow...he will be on his own. Thank you for this sweet reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful post! Thank you for sharing. I teared up too.

    Hope is what keeps me going. That's one of my favorite verses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I very much enjoyed visiting your site. The pictures are great and the Scripture was very encouraging. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ladies, your comments touched my heart... thank you for sharing with me, I am blessed that your hearts could be in agreement.

    Blessings to you all!

    ReplyDelete