NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Thursday, December 15, 2011

I'm waiting...

 ... for snow...
 If I could shake the clouds and make it snowstorm....
 I would.
 These pictures, honestly, are from November.

We got piles of it.  The kids even made a snow kiss... like a Hershey kiss but out of snow and almost 3 feet tall.
 The 'kiss' transformed into many other things; bath tub, tunnel, igloo... before it melted

So depressing.

Christmas time is here.  The snow needs to come back.  If I could shake the clouds and make it snowstorm, I would.  But I already said that... didn't I?

The snow isn't the only thing missing its timing. I can't even Christmas shop lately or do my Christmas baking without disruption in my plans. 


Why can't we just make things be the way we want?  Our time, our way, our plans?  So many things could be just perfect... couldn't they?



For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.   
- Jeremiah 29:11


Perhaps, if we consider God's timing, his good and perfect timing, we can know that His timing fulfills His plans... and His plans are always better than ours.  We may not see it or feel it at the time.  But it's true.

All of the symbolism in the disruption of my ideas this season are beginning to speak louder than the upset.  I can do it my way and have trouble... or I can do it His way and find peace.  I can get depressed at the lack of white in the surrounding landscape or I can rest assured that white will come when it is time.  HIS time.

I'm reminded, too, we shouldn't try to make things happen... we should let them.  All will work out better that way!  Like the snow alluding the season, we can't force it.  But when it comes, we can let it and seek the beauty and perfection in God's timing for it.

By the way....
... it's snowing right now.

And it is beautiful.

Old snow would have been muddy and brown right now.

But the new snow is sparkly and white.  I'm looking forward to walking slowly through the fluffy flakes and capturing a few simple gifts to wrap gently and give warmly Christmas morn. His timing is perfect.

Bless you this Christmas Season, may you be thoughtfully in His timing and wrapped warmly within His plans.






3 comments:

  1. God's timing ... waiting ... letting it happen. Sigh ... Great post, Amanda! Thank you for sharing and I love the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful, Amanda. While it's sometimes hard to wait, I know God's timing is best. But I do hope that He blesses us with a white Christmas too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy and Lisa, it seems I am not alone! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments today. I pray you know peace in His timing and that you might enjoy a white Christmas too! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete