NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

All In


 We missed church again this week, stomach stirrings, leftover fluish and exhaustion meeting the mix.  Not wanting to truly 'miss', we opted for our online alternative.  Local and always moving.

I didn't take pages of notes this week.  I usually do with this pastor.  But one note was all it took:



We're all in.


He was preparing for a year ahead, just after a year in review.  He shared the church's 12 points to achieving God's vision and mission for their church.

We are not 'members' of that church, but we believe in what God is using them to do.  And each point hit closer and closer to home.  Enter #12.

Am I all in?

Members or not, God has given us all a calling, a purpose, and a place to rise in His name.  How often do I put one foot in... or worse.... barely one toe?  I say I can, I am, I will.  But in truth, I'm afraid of the water.  Afraid it is too cold, afraid I will sink, afraid a big ole' shark will come up and bite my leg off!

Am I all In?

When I say yes and then bow out?  When I make a commitment, even if only to myself, and then spend more time making excuses then performing the task?

Am I bringing HIM honor and glory and praise because I am in the water treading the deep.

or

Am I bringing Him shame, embarrassment and ridicule because I can't get past the toe?

I'm afraid I am both sometimes. 


He said to me, "This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, says the Lord of hosts.  
- Zechariah 4:6




Listening Sunday I became more determined than ever to bleed over the projects God trusts me with to succeed at.  I will not listen to the neigh-sayers, it isn't always for everyone... but it just may be for me.  I am NOT going to put on Saul's armor... I don't need it!  I have my stones and my God, they are enough.  After all, it isn't about me, not in the least.  I will risk the Ocean for my Creator; Jesus risked it all for me.


I therefore, the prisoner in the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of the calling to which you have been called,     
- Ephesians 4:1


In searching God today, I realized:  We must bring Him glory by bringing our all.

I pray you are brave with me today, brave enough to be all in, and not just the toe, in all that God calls you to today.

Many blessings this week!








2 comments:

  1. Such a convicting post, Amanda. And you are so right - it's fear, isn't it, that prompts us to back away from our proclamations of "all in!" Feeling inspired by your conviction today, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, Thank you for your lovely comment. I am blessed God's word could inspire you today. Fear is a nasty monster best caged and tossed away!

    Bless you!

    ReplyDelete