NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Heart of an Issue



I had an epiphany today.  It came after a not-so-fun disagreement happening in my household which lingered from dusk through dawn and up until the very hours preceding this post.  I sit here, bone-tiered from the exhaustion of feelings moving through and around me and suddenly, I am finally  seeing into the HEART of the issue... a heart so beautiful, even in its hurt state, that my own heart hurts for not seeing it sooner.

I look at the Isaiah scripture I have posted to my monitor and it soaks in, like parched dessert land drinking up a cool afternoon drizzle of rain.  I should have just known this.

His delight shall be in the fear of the Lord.  He shall not judge by what his eyes see, or decide by what his ears hear.
- Isaiah 11:3

Our family dispute all stemmed from seeing eyes and judging from the results of such - hearing ears and making decisions on surface noise.  Oh, that we might see like Jesus saw, hear as he heard... the Jesus foretold with such beautiful accuracy in Isaiah... to walk and live and breathe amongst God's children and Hear Hearts, See Hearts... instead of all the messed up wrong words that tumble from our lips infecting decisions like a disease on rampant spread... instead of all the ucky-gucky stuff that spills all over our being in our actions and reactions forcing quick and often brutal judgement.

Oh, Father, help me to judge and decide... and respond... by what the heart knows, what the Spirit reveals... all that stuff inside masked by the ugliness outside.  Guide me to delight you by the reverence I might show you, searching hearts instead of responding to words and actions.


Blessings,





Linking up today with:

No comments:

Post a Comment