NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

He Is My Praise


I've been convicted for some time now... convicted of that mediocre prayer where I say, "Thank you for all you do in my life... thank you for all you bless me with."  So what is wrong with that?  Nothing, exactly, if you mean it.  So what is the conviction?  It is that need to praise him not just for what God does... but simply for who He is.

It is like our spouse or children or parents... we don't appreciate them in our lives because of what they have done/or do/or give... we love them because they are.  And while God does desire our gratitude, what he wants most is our praise simply because He is.

For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who is not partial and takes no bribe, You shall fear the Lord your God; him alone you shall worship; to him you shall hold fast, and by his name you shall swear. He is your praise; he is your God, who has done for you these great and awesome things that your own eyes have seen.
- Deuteronomy 10:17, 20-21

Tucked right there in Deuteronomy 10, my heart grabs in my chest... He is my praise.  Plain.and.simple.  

God of gods...
Lord of lords
great
mighty 
awesome
He is our God
 
And it isn't even because he did anything that he is awesome.... He is awesome and all that he does is a mere and incomparable reflection of that.

He ... is... my... praise.

What if, for today, I just.praised because He is.

When Moses asked the burning bush, God revealed himself as "I AM" Nothing else was needed.  When the guards appeared to arrest Jesus, Jesus declared the same, "I AM". 

He is, and so He is my praise. 

This song today is a fun but oh-so-true reminder of just what God should be.  The praise that courses through our veins and creates our most favorite song we want to praise and sing again and again.


Lord... thank you... just.thank.you.

I pray you hear His melody in your heart, each minute, of every day... praising him in the good, the bad, and everywhere in-between.Simply because he.is.

Blessings,






No comments:

Post a Comment