NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Monday, June 15, 2015

Menu Monday: Week of June 15th



This is Week 1 of a new weekly topic I wish to share here.... Menus.  I am a list maker (I might have mentioned that once or twice on this blog!!) and from what I have gathered upon visiting other bloggers... I am not alone.

A couple months ago during the Titus 2 link-up I discovered a sweet young gal and her blog Simply Lindsey.  She shares an array of neat tid-bits as a young newlywed. One of my favorites is her weekly menu share.  It is short and sweet and often linked with at least one recipe.  I realized, upon other website wanderings, Lindsey is not alone in menu sharing.

Menus are simply lists which keep us on task in weekly cooking.  They help us be more efficient with our time and money not just when we are shopping, but also as we plan out our days and the time needed to keep healthy and delicious food on the table for our families.

Biblical hospitality and care of our home and families applies here as well. I could go on and on about the various areas and our duty as housewives when it comes to planning and being diligent when it comes to what the Bible says.  There are a multitude of verses to inspire you here.  One that spoke to me in my Bible study recently and happens to be at the top of that list:

The plans of the diligent lead surely to abundance, but everyone who is hasty comes only to poverty. 
- Proverbs 21:5

The hard facts are this:
  • We eat better when I plan.
  • We often have more than enough when I plan.
  • Our meals aren't as satisfying when I don't plan.
  • Needed ingredients are often missing when I don't plan (or pay attention to the plan!!!).

So, without further delay, I shall share my menu for this week.  Please feel free to chime in in the comments section below and I will visit your site and menu as well!


This week we are down 2 kids until Friday Night since Brenden and Brooke are still at CYIA training and it is just Hubby, Ashley and myself.  It is strange to cook for so few.  Tuesday is Youth Group and Wednesday evening Ashley and I are attending a VBS meeting. Friday is a running day with grocery shopping and a 7pm 'graduation' Ceremony from training, we will need to leave early in order to attend so a quick-fix meal is a necessity!

Monday
Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs with Ham and Cheese pieces and Toast
Lunch: Hamburgers and Tortilla chips
Dinner: Skillet Herb Chicken over Salad
     *tip: cut chicken into small pieces no bigger than a nickle or quarter in diameter and you can make just a few pieces of chicken breast go a very long way!
 
Tuesday
Breakfast: Fried Eggs and Toast
Lunch: Left-over Chicken Salad
Dinner: Chili Dogs and Tortilla chips

Wednesday
Breakfast: Waffles  
Lunch: Left-over Chili Dogs with Baked Potato
     *I will bake extra potatoes and refrigerate for tomorrow night's dinner
Dinner: Mexi-Style Chicken with a side-Salad and Black Beans

Thursday
Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs
Lunch: Left-over Chicken and fresh Bread (I love my bread machine!!)
Dinner: Fish Fillet and Oven Roasted JoJos
     *JoJos with the left over potatoes.  I will cut in half then cut each half into about 4 strips.  Bake at 425 degrees.  The less healthier version is to fry them or baste them with oil and then bake them!  Sprinkling fresh diced garlic on top before baking gives it extra flare!

Friday
Breakfast: Eggs and fresh Bread toast
Lunch: Pizza
Dinner: Chicken and Cheese Chimichangas from Costco with a side Salad

Saturday
Breakfast: Popovers
Lunch: Sandwiches
Dinner: Burgers and chips

Sunday
Breakfast: Sausage and Egg Biscuits
Lunch: Sandwiches
Dinner: Grilled Steak with Sauteed Mushrooms and Onions topped with Feta, Corn, green Salad and Texas Toast.... Ice Cream Cake for dessert... Happy Father's Day!!!


What are you cooking this week?

Blessings,












No comments:

Post a Comment