NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

This Living Thing


From Airport to hospitals to airport to car buying to school year wrap-ups to university graduation and 2000+ miles more of travel.... road weary but world adventured I am back.

A lot has happened in the 2+ months since I last wrote from the Windy City with my step-dad in recovery.  And while life is still being lived on-call for the coming months, I have come to the realization that the important thing is: it is being LIVED.

Just a few short weeks ago I stood in my favorite rubber boots on the chilly Northwest shores of the Pacific Ocean, staring out at the endless blue as it rolled across the expanse.  Capturing the picture above as my grown (and almost grown) children explored the sandy shore, I was reminded of dreams I once had of a vista such as this to wake to every morning.

God hasn't placed me with such a regular view, but he has purposed me and what more inspiring directive is needed than that?

We can't live in dreams and wants.... but we can have hopes for the future and step obediently in the present.  Checking in each week with my step-dad, so far away, makes this a stark reality.... this living thing.

 yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? 
For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes.  
- James 4:14

This passage, in context, stresses the importance of not getting cocky in plan making and being certain to look to God for plans.  It also reminds us of the absolute temporal nature of this life we live.

 Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.”
- James 4:15

If the Lord wills.... let us Carpi Diem!

More to come as Faith and Home gets back in motion post-travel... if the Lord wills.

Blessings,




No comments:

Post a Comment