NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Friday, December 7, 2018

Five Minute Friday: Balance


As I stared down at my half-filled journal page this morning I couldn't get past the gnawing sense that something was "off".  Here we are, basking in the glow of the brightest, most beautiful time of year... and yet I was feeling progressively more over-run.  I don't have one of those crazy schedules like many do.  My drive is more intrinsic.

Christmas presents purchased... check
Family letter on the burner... check  
Advent study on schedule... check 

What was this gnaw.  And then I realized.  In the bustles of checking my lists, plowing through my advent study and posting pretty pictures of morning musings, I hadn't been taking that real, meaningful, valuable quiet time to just sit with the Lord.  To spill and soak and be.

So, I laid my pen down, took a deep breath, and began fumbling out my 3 days past due prayer.  Each sentence halted and returned because I knew in my Spirit it wasn't getting to the heart of the issue.  Another deep breath, a quiet heart, and suddenly it came to me...

Lord, please help me find balance.

I could pray and ask for mountains to move but the fact is, that wasn't what God wanted for me today.  No, if we are called to pray into HIS will, not our own, I knew I needed to search deeper.  I needed to go until I felt I had struck gold and there it was: balance.

Life in this Christmas season had been so caught up in the play of tradition and rote, I had forgotten to FOCUS, collect, rest in His presence, and breathe.  All parts of the critical balance this time of year benefits most from.

I pray you know His divine hand and presence of balance in your life this Christmas season.

Blessings,








This has been a Five Minute Friday Post where writers tap away for 5 minutes, un-edited, on a predetermined topic.  Check out other great posts by visiting:
http://fiveminutefriday.com/


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I like this idea of sitting and waiting and digging until you've found the real issue! May you have a truly balanced and blessed Advent season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <3 I'm a 'get-to-the-roots' kind of gal. Experience has taught me that if I don't, problems will just keep cycling back! I pray you have a balanced and blessed Advent as well!

      Delete