NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Friday, March 13, 2020

FMF: Less... and more

 
My hiatus is slowly coming to a close, I am working my way back to a regular blogging schedule while life remains busy with the plans of graduation + moving my mother-in-law into our spare 'cottage' + moving adult kids on their own. For all intents and purposes, though, I am working my way back here because, at the end of the day, writing is my quiet place... it is my 'idea board'... it is my Call and all that has kept me away for the past few months will undoubtedly make its way into articles I share as I move forward.  For now, what better way to kick back off than with a Five Minute Friday drill? So here goes........


*******************
Less.

Just now this word rings in my heart.  At a time when everyone is grabbing for more.... more toilet paper, more cleaner, more of any and every little thing deemed "necessary" to "survive".  A looming apocalypse in the minds of many when, compared with historic data, it all honestly feels more and more like a bloated crises over an understandable health concern.  Only time will tell.

I don't normally like to get 'political' on here because politics are so polarizing, therefore, I will NOT dive into that side of it.  But what I WILL do is stay on the heart of what this blog is all about..... FAITH.

Over the years, our family has endured both feast and famine.  I truly love the full passage in Philippians 4 when Paul expresses:

Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned 
in whatever situation I am to be content.  
I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. 
In any and every circumstance, I have learned 
the secret of facing plenty and hunger, 
abundance and need. 
I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

ALL things through [Christ] who strengthens him... from having LESS to having more.  From illness to wellness.  From harsh government policy to freedoms to live autonomously.

The more I reflect on the current climate the more I want to panic over how things are handled... then I see the word of God and, instead of panic, the more I hear that gentle "shhhhhhh".

I may not be able to stock up or control how policy is handled... my worry may not be illness but rather dabbles in freedom and ability... ability to travel, to walk into my store and purchase what we need whenever we need it, to see my kids find good careers instead of  "closed" signs, to turn on the computer and t.v. and NOT be bombarded with "doomsday".... and then I am reminded: less.

Less in my cupboards is opportunity for culinary creativity.

Less concern over economy since our grandparents and great-grands survived the Great Depression and IF we find ourselves on that path again, we will too.


Less worry because God truly does have this, He is still on His thrown.  And whether this whole thing truly is bad... or whether it passes like last year's influenza when the weather warms... none of it truly matters because God IS at work.

*******************


My apologies if this offends anyone.  I do NOT want to cause controversy nor do I want to debate.  I am merely observing and sharing what I see... like so many others. This will be the ONLY post anywhere on any of my platforms where I will address the issue because, honestly, I want to focus on living and less on a ton of 'what-ifs'.  I want to be that quiet peace in the storm of information and hysterical overload because I am finding God at my own center and author of my own peace.

I respect that some do feel passionately about caution and preparedness.  I AM staying informed and doing my own research for personal understanding... I think it is just as detrimental if we stick our head in the sand when major issues play in our country... however, what I do not want to do is add to hype or craze or validate all the "more" milling around.  I will cling to less.

Less hype, less panic, less politicizing.  I will reach for more hope and more optimism while grounded in reality. It is what I know I am called to do as darkness and debate swarm social media and the news and any pop-up in my browser. In the midst of the chaos I stake my flag on PEACE, the only lasting peace: that which is found in the Word and presence of God who says, whether less or more, He is in the midst and He has got this.

Less of me and all those burdens.... more of Him♥️

Blessings,












*Are you subscribed to my newsletter?  You might want to be.  Why?  Well, the newsletter contains bonus material you won't find on the website... not to mention, in those busy months when I can't get regular blog articles up, you can count on this periodical popping up in your email in-box each month with all new content!  What exactly does the newsletter contain?
  • Encouraging articles
  • Free printables under different themes each month
  • Insider info on the latest goings-ons with all things on my blog and writing related
You won't find all this great bonus material on the blog so be sure to sign up so you don't miss out!  It's Ok, hop over real quick, right there to your right, see it on my sidebar where it says, "Subscribe to my Newsletter" with a  picture of the "Faith and Home Times" logo above it?  Ok, now enter your email in the box labeled "email address" then click "Subscribe"....(don't worry, it doesn't hurt and I promise not to spam you!). You should receive a confirmation email from me. 

4 comments:

  1. ABSOLUTE TRUTH. I'm with you 150%. Great essay on LESS. #16 FMF today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is a blessing to know others have that truth and peace deep inside. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. "Less in my cupboards..." We don't like to think of life as less do we? We don't see the blessing of less in the land of more. Thank you for your writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, we don't. In times like these I am reminded of something a missionary friend from Africa once told us: many Africans don't pray for a way out of their hardships... they pray for strength through it all. Less as more is so Biblical, I pray many will welcome that truth inside the current happenings! Thank you for your kind words and for stopping by!

      Delete