NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Life as a Testimony


A friend of mine blessed me with a belated birthday gift... a business card holder full of scripture truths addressed to me.  I was humbled and touched when I saw my name at the top of each card.  Yesterday I pulled the next one out to see what Word awaited me...

Oh, Amanda, what a wonderful God we have.  The father of our Lord Christ, source of every mercy, the one who wonder-fully comforts and strengthens us in our hardships and trials.  Why?  So that when others need sympathy and encouragement, we can pass on to them this same help and comfort God has given us.  

It was such a blessing to be reminded: all I experience here and now... all I have ever experienced... and all to come... it serves a purpose.  The good, the bad, and everything in between.  Without life's experiences, how do we relate to others... how can we provide sympathy, encouragement, or HOPE? 

I give thanks to my God always for you because of the grace of God that has been given you in Christ Jesus, for in every way you have been enriched in him, in speech and knowledge of every kind— just as the testimony of Christ has been strengthened among you— so that you are not lacking in any spiritual gift as you wait for the revealing of our Lord Jesus Christ.  He will also strengthen you to the end, so that you may be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful; by him you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord
- 1 Corinthians 1:4-9  (NRSV)


I took liberty in extending the verse reference the card recommended (1 Corinthians 1:3-4) because it was such great encouragement.  Our Lord Jesus strengthens us through hardships and trials.  And as we fellowship with the Son, we transfer that fellowship to others.  We may overcome and enlist that God-given strength to inspire others.  We are called to live life as a testimony.


Walking from strength-to-strength seeking to live as a testimony to Him,





Linking up with Michelle at Intentional.Me :

4 comments:

  1. Amanda...I think you have reminded me of this: "all I have ever experienced... and all to come... it serves a purpose. The good, the bad, and everything in between. "......so thankful for friends who can help us look past what the world wants us to cling to...that keeps us from the freedom and love the one who loves us has to offer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at a prayer conference this week and reminded of LIFE... it begins with a date, ends with a date and then there is that little dash in-between; the time we live. My husband suggested, as Christians, there should be two dashes! But so much is in that dash and the good Christian friends who inspire us to live through and strive on to a full and glorious finish... they are a true blessing from the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful gift ... and what an awesome friend to give you a gift like that! Such encouraging thoughts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, God is amazing when he places blessed friends and even more blessed words into our lives! :-)

    ReplyDelete