NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Friday, May 10, 2013

Cleche and Comfort

 

Comfort.

As Mother's Day weekend approaches, the word does not insight for me what many moms will probably be writing about today.

Yes my comfort use to be curled in the rocker with a a baby in one arm and a toddler in the other.  Oh how I loved those baby days.

My comfort is still sometimes my 10 year old, still the 'baby' of the family, curled up in my arms as we read or watch a movie or just talk.


But today, this day, my comfort is in being almost home.  The long journey that has taken us far and wide.  First to live in a home not my own for more than a year and a half and then to travel the country on God's errands.  My 'home' is mine again, a small 26 foot, 30 year old RV.  Comfort comes in knowing the roof over my head is God's roof, not someone else's. 

Comfort in seeing Him provide for our needs and comfort in finally being still... for a time... as we transition into a new "home".

Oh, the house and the walls may not be here yet.  In time, though, they will be. Our wheels and 26 feet of space and hook up outside a warm and inviting church make the transition easy... comfortable.

The comfort of knowing that following where HE leads, whether it be Alabama, Tennessee, Texas, Arizona, Africa, Asia, or just.simply. Montana.... my comfort is in the Lord

It sounds cliche.  But when you travel and trust and hand your life over to His will instead of your own... it isn't cliche at all.  It is Truth. 

Comfort in Truth. 

Comfort in surroundings found through Him. 

This is 5-minute Friday.  If you would like, join me over at Lisa Jo's blog, slip in with your 5 minutes on Comfort... whether your ponderings are cliche or not!






Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and through grace gave us eternal comfort and good hope, comfort your hearts and strengthen them in every good work and word. 
2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 

 
Be blessed, in whatever and wherever your comfort may be today.

 
  

 Also linking up with some of these


2 comments:

  1. So sweet! What a blessing to find comfort in God's plan. To rest in His plan for His kingdom and participate in that rest. Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacie, thank You. His Words and guiding are the only steadfast comfort I know! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete