NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Monday, August 3, 2015

Menu Monday: Week of August 3rd

Well, I can't promise to get this up EVERY week this month as I will be packing and cleaning and prepping for the BIG MOVE!!  As of right now, closing is set for August 31st but I suspect it could be even later than that.  So what does a family of 5 on a budget eat when packing?  Read on!

This week I am making use of my slow cooker and oldest daughter as much as possible!!  All the kids will be helping with the packing process (Brenden and Brooke have the week off from Bible club teaching).  However, as you know, some jobs only mom can do so I will leave them in charge of some dinners and handling of clean-up in the evenings.  We will use paper plates as much as possible, though some dinners require 'real' plates.  Here are the plans for this week, the first FULL week of packing while juggling back-to-school prep and other household duties (my dryer is still broke so laundry takes twice as long with the process of line drying!)....


BREAKFAST....
- hubby and I usually share eggs and toast in the morning before he leaves for work.
- kids will have cereal or oatmeal (it and milk were on sale this week + coupon I got LIFE cereal for 50 cents a box!!!)


LUNCH...
- will be leftovers from the night before


Monday
Dinner: SLOW COOKER BBQ Pork Boneless Ribs, Baked Potatoes, Corn and Salad
 
Tuesday
Dinner: SLOW COOKER Caesar Chicken Sandwiches, Baked JoJo and Shredded Lettuce and Carrots
     - I will slow-cook the chicken in broth and Italian seasoning, drain, shred and add Caesar dressing into the pot, warm for an hour and serve on whole-grain burger buns. 
     - The JoJos will be made with left-over baked potatoes from Monday, coated in oil and roasted at 425 until edges brown..... my older kids can help!


Wednesday
Dinner: Taco Salad (Ashley is in charge!)

Thursday
Dinner: Roast Chicken, Cubed Red Potato and Green Beans
     - Quick easy meal because I simply coat a 13x9" pan with butter*, lay the chicken in, sprinkle Greek Seasoning on, put a tad of butter on each one and pop in the oven on 350-375 for about 30-45 minutes.  The leftovers will be cut over salad for lunch the next day!
     - I will have Ashley cube the potatoes, put into a cook pot, cover with water and a sprinkling of onion soup mix and boil until tender (about 20 minutes).  I might have her slice some onions into there as well.

Friday
Dinner: Costco-bought Baja Burritos, salad and tortilla chips  (we will ALL need a break by Friday!!)

Saturday
Dinner: Burgers and Chips ... my youngest son has learned how to grill!!  He is quite proud to be a our stand-in grill master (and hubby is proud of him for doing it so well... even figuring out 'perfect' grill marks on the burgers!!!)  All the kids put on quite a good team effort in getting the table ready on burger night, including condiments and buttering buns for toasting on the grill.  I love it!

Sunday
I will be grocery shopping on the weekend and deciding then.




* I always say "butter" but what I mean is margarine.  I know there is debate on the health value, however, with a family our size it is more economical to use margarine. 





What are you cooking this week?


Blessings,




















 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment