NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Finally Home

 
It's hard to believe this little place nestled quietly on a corner in the middle of a bustling "city" is the very place where all my future plans will come true.  Those books and stories to someday write, laying tucked deep in my heart for so many years, patiently waiting their turns while children are raised and lessons taught at our dining room table homeschool.  Grandchildren will one day bound through the sliding doors which frame the beautiful back yard and wide stretching old tree... I bet that tree could tell stories of grandkids past.  Children of the neighborhood whiz by on scooters and bicycles, parents occasionally strolling behind and I am blessed God chose to give me a place like this.

Leaves are beginning to turn in the vested wooded spray which seems to have grown up around the houses of decades past.  It is as though this neighborhood always existed as a hush or a pause only minutes from the city center.  Time has stood still in these streets and the nostalgic side of me, with big band on play, likes to imagine the apron-ed mothers calling in their charges as fathers navigate the big old Chevy into the drive.  Glen Miller crackles on the Victor as Salisbury Steak and whipped potatoes are placed on the Formica.  Kisses with red lipstick prints and how was your day hunny tenderly questioned as hat and coat are put in place for the evening.

Oh, sure, this little house needs some love and fitting to our family, but it is home and I am still fumbling with the clasp which locks down on a life of traveling and moving.... never again do I have to pack boxes and re-adjust to new surroundings, new 'homes' for all my things.  Sure, God may call me onto somewhere else in the distant future.  But for right.now.in.this.place.  I am here.  I am HOME!

wow

The roller-coaster of HOW we came into this place taught me a new level of Trust.  Denied twice then accepted on our bid....money program there for the down-payment then money gone.... then God pouring out through someone abundantly to not only get money down but also a little extra to tend to repairs and supplies and truck rental... Closing bumped 3 times, yet the problems causing some of the bumps required repairs from the owner which saved us much time and money... then, when it finally did close, God worked it out just right so we had TWO months of no rent/mortgage instead of the expected 'one'!

God is good... all the time....
and all the time... God is good.

I found myself prostrate before the Lord at one point in the process, remembering how wonderful it is to pray completely poured out.  The ups and downs of finding "home" were good for my spiritual walk.  I alluded to this in Monday's post with my reference to Matthew 6.


25"Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 
30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
31 Therefore do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'
32 For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all.
- Matthew 6:25, 30-32

The loan officer was apologetic every time she called with another delay or need.  The Realtor was frustrated with the un-necessary hurdles being put in our path.  Both, veterans of the business logging 30 and 45 years respectively, expressed "I've never seen anything like this... this has NEVER happened before."  Each time I would smile and sometimes chuckle and assure them it was OK.  Peace in Jesus was all we needed and I didn't miss an opportunity to remind them of that.  Worry never accomplished anything.  Perhaps God allowed all the hurdles and hoops because he was trying to remind us all of Jesus' teaching in Matthew.  Perhaps he was simply trying to care for greater things in our lives then we could see or seek to attain on our own.  We all needed that divine intervention.

In verse 32 Jesus says even "the Gentiles seek after all these things".  At the height of our trials I pondered this verse... I thought of how I did NOT want to be like the Gentiles, worrying and not trusting God.  He knows ALL my needs and nothing is out of His reach, sometimes it is just out of His timing.  


I am finally HOME and it was well worth the wait.  I am still learning how to sit still, but that is OK, I have all the time in the world and God to clothe and care for my needs, what more could I want?

I pray, whatever your challenges are today, wherever worry wants to nip at your heals, that you might look to Jesus' teaching in Matthew 6 and hold tight to His Word knowing He cares, He hasn't forgotten and He is in control.

Blessings,









No comments:

Post a Comment