NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

We Forget... Right Now

 
Sometimes we forget.  In those crazy, upside-down moments of life... we simply forget.

We forget that slowing down is important to truly look around.

We forget that love takes work and sacrifice, but if our savior did it, so can we.

We forget what quiet sounds like in the midst of a busy, buzzing world.

We forget, sometimes, that the truest things in life, aren't really things and that the people who matter most, won't always be with us to remind us that we matter too.

Sometimes we forget.  In the hustle and bustle of checking off to-dos and making life work... we just forget.

We forget that time is a thing we can't touch but always watch it pass.  Fleeting, flying, and leaving longing in our hearts.

We forget that beautiful days don't last and pain doesn't last and life doesn't last except eternal and in the midst of it all, we forget to make each part count because the pain and the beauty and the temporal disposition of it all matters.

Too many times in my life I have spent the wrong amount of time on the wrong amount of focus on the wrong amount of what was or could be... instead of really seeing what IS and will be. 

I pushed and  pulled and broke and groaned.  I sought perfection, I cried over imperfections... I made too much of one thing and not enough of another... lamenting over it all.

When God opened my eyes to new possibilities in February he also said ENOUGH.  Enough wasting time.  Enough forgetting.  Enough pushing and pulling and lamenting.  Because life is fleeting and moments like right now aren't here forever.  Moments like someday aren't here yet and what a terrible injustice if I don't live today. right.now. where I am, with my most for His most because if that isn't all I am living for right now.... then I am not living.

I want to live, and remember, and hope, and trust and know that the past can't be changed and the future isn't here yet but my all is for His all-in-all.

So right.now some days may be filled with book reading for great learning, or game playing for time and laughter with the ones I love, or writing to share my heart and His leading, or digging into God's Word with someone who doesn't know what relationship is so they might REMEMBER and not forget what really matters... that HE, truly, is all that matters and what is given us is given in Hope and trust that we will do well with it for His glory.

Right now, this is just a peace of my poetic heart in reflection of the changing days of life since revelation two short months ago and all the wonderment God has shown me to renew my hope and renew my heart in this wonderful, marvelous, less-then-perfect but perfectly prepared life He has given me.  I pray you will remember, too, the such a time as this which you have also been placed in.

For if you keep silent at this time, relief and deliverance will rise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father’s house will perish. And who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?
- Esther 4:14
 
Blessings,








2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Time is a tricky thing. It's either going to fast or two slow. There is to much or not enough. Thank you for reminding me to be in the right now.

    ReplyDelete