NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Disconnected

I'm trying to find my place.  Actually, I am trying to find a lot of things in post-move aftermath... including my cell phone!!!  It is strange being without the device, our only phone and direct connection.  In some ways I enjoy the peace but in others... I wonder if anyone is trying to call me and I feel awkward not being able to just pick up and dial others.  Beginning to feel a bit disconnected.


In reflection, I think our relationship with Christ is much the same.  Days can be busy; kids, husbands, teaching, cleaning... and so on.  It is easy to get up and plug way... loose our call time with the Lord.  At first we might not notice... 'it is more quiet' we might say.  But after a while we will feel disconnected, uninformed, and not as close to our creator as we should.

That is why, pretty much every day of the week He and I touch base with Bible study.  All day we chat about what is going on and I often ask Him questions I know He is eager to answer.  Just as exciting is sharing Our conversations with my children, teaching them how to 'dial'.  That is one call I want them to make often and earnestly.

Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.
Jeremiah 33:3 (God's phone number!!)


 Being without my phone stinks... but being without the Lord... I will go phone-less any day over going God-less.


I pray you have a direct line to the One who makes us feel connected and complete!

Blessings,





Linking up today with
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment