NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Saturday, August 18, 2012

In Front of the Curriculum Closet


Standing in front of my friend's curriculum closet, hearing her pour her heart out on hopes and dreams and heartache... I understood.  I think we all understand the triumphs and 'tragedies' of homeschooling.  O.K., not really tragedy... but it feels like it at times.

  • Standing in front of a PILE of curriculum we want to do ALL of and can't fit in (at least not without going crazy!). 
  • Having high hopes for a delightful year and right out of the gate you hear the whining voice of your sweet child(ren), "When are we going to be done?" "I'm hungry, is it lunch time yet" "Do I have to do this."
  • It is setting up a schedule only to watch it get dashed by unexpected interruptions.
  • It is everything and nothing related to homeschooling and I bet 9 out of 10 moms stand there and say, "I am not qualified" or "I can't do this." no matter what their educational background is.

You aren't alone.  We all do this at times. 

But I stand in the trenches with you and I tell you... YOU are, in fact, the most qualified.  You can, in fact, do this best of all... even when it doesn't feel that way.

How do I know?  Because I am not able either and, through prayer, I have learned there is One who is.  As long as I lean into His leading, His guidance, His strength and trust Him for endurance and ability... He will give it. 

God has called each of us to be everything our children need.  If he didn't want us to do this job, he wouldn't have put the initial drive to homeschool in us... and he wouldn't have given us our children to teach. 

Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6  (ESV)

You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
Deuteronomy 6:7 (ESV)

Yes, some days we don't feel that drive... we only feel fatigued, frustrated and disillusioned.  In those times we must look out of the pit and see the light above.  We must know we are NOT alone and His strength and guidance will help us persevere.

Oh, how I love those times, in front of the curriculum closet.  Heart pouring, experience sharing and knowing... knowing the One who holds my life, holds everything my life touches too.


I pray your homeschooling year in swing or ahead, is blessed and lit by the Spirit of strength and endurance.

Blessings!





Linking up today with


No comments:

Post a Comment