NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Rescued

 It was this lake, on this day with fluffy clouds drifting across the sky like sheep being herded to market... I was sure I could take it.  Me and Brooke (only 9) and a canoe.

Fortunately we had our posse with us!  It is a plus having a 'big' family... especially when your oldest is an 18 year old guy who likes to lift weights.  Because this mamma's arms are weak!

I made it to the other side, it was the coming back that swamped me.  Fighting a strong wind and waves I wasn't sure I could take much more.  The rest of our group had already lapped us and made it back to shore... hope seemed dashed.

Then my two men tumbled into a shared canoe and paddled back, threw us a rope, and gave us a tow. 

Rescued!

Isn't that just life though.  Stranded and weak and the Lord lifts us up... throws us a rope and gives us a tow so our weary bodies can have a rest?

I'm thankful, too, for the men God has placed in my life who look after me, care for me and keep me safe.  In Ephesians I am working on a study to share on honor and respect in marriage... don't groan... I refer to the mutual kind.  The kind, like Ephesians talks about, where we love one another, respect one another, care for one another as Christ did for the church.

Sometimes God rescues us on His own... sometimes he sends people and builds relationships.  This week, on retreat in beautiful NW Montana... I am thankful for all of the above.

Blessings,





Linking up today with

2 comments:

  1. Amanda, those pictures are beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! As we have traveled this past week and ministered along the way,God has used that retreat to bring us rest and peace in our spirits.

      Delete