NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

1 Corinthians 13 Challenge

On our missions website at KOGMissions.org, I issued a challenge this week.  I want to share that challenge here, as well, at The Faithful Homeschool in hopes of inspiring all of you!  Here is my article post from KOG:

Are you ready to take a challenge with me?  A challenge that could potentially alter your thinking patterns and understanding of your relationships with others and the world around you?

I am reading a book for both personal and professional purposes, "Finding Our Way Again; The Return of the Ancient Practices" by Brian McLaren. I am finding it truly enlightening and quite parallel to our ministry calling: relationship and Kingdom building.  As I progress through the chapters I come to a 'review' of sorts where the author sends out a challenge:

"Think of your spiritual life as a "way of love," and read 1 Corinthians 13 each day for the next week, month, or year (your choice).  Learn 1 Corinthians 13 "by heart" and see what effect it has on you."  (p.49)

I have decided to take this challenge.  Each day until I have it so embedded in my mind that I don't need to read it anymore!  I plan to pray on it... not just as a verse that reminds me of a Godly marriage, but as a verse that reflects what all Godly relationships should look like.  I want to not just see, but feel its transforming effect on how I interact with all of mankind.

Love is not to be reserved for spouse, children, parents, family, and closest friends.  Love is the tool God gives us, the lighting rod that channels HIS love and kingdom into our realm here on earth.

If you would like to take this challenge with me, step forward and give it a try! Message me, let me know you are on board and check back to let me know what experiences you have with this challenge!  I would love to hear from you :-)

May God's grant you your greatest understandings this week through love!

No comments:

Post a Comment