NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Why is Eternal


It has been a rough few weeks season.  It is funny how our ideas of something and how it should go, how it should be, are often the farthest from what God intends.  I stand asking myself, 'am I doing the right things, in the right place, at the right time'?

The pastor, on Sunday, reminded us that what we do may change but why we do it should be eternal.

Somehow that statement brought me peace.  A continuing message in my life lately as elements of what I do keep changing even thought why I do it doesn't.


So let us not grow weary in doing what is right, for we will reap at harvest time, if we do not give up. So then, whenever we have an opportunity, let us work for the good of all, and especially for those of the family of faith.  
- Galatians 6:9-10

I blog because I feel God has a message he wants me to share.  I want to be a vessel.  

Yet, lately, interruptions of varying kinds stifle my ability to share.  My virtual attendance is irregular.  To-dos seem to pile in front of my keyboard and my heart cries out to share, to type, to breathe the words that stir inside each day.  

I wait for time, I pray for all of you.  Quality time with my children and understanding more clearly what I need to be doing are at the core of my prayers as well.  I feel as though God has me changing focus, but I don't understand clearly yet to what.  

If my 'attendance' online is sporadic, I hope you will know, this time off-and-on is spent loving on kids, planting seeds and investing in hope.  This time is spent clearing that to-do pile in front of the keyboard and asking God why it is there and what he desires I do.  This time in-between is for His Glory so when I am here, His Glory may be known.

I am still here... even if not as much as I was.  I hope and pray for you and I will pop in as often as I can to share about our homeschool and the things God is putting in my heart.  In-between I welcome contacts and comments and my hope is that your heart hears clearly why God calls you and that you know each day what He wants you to do with your calling... even if what is ever-changing!

God Bless you!





I will actually be taking the next two weeks to contemplate and pray, seeking God in some major and minor changes in our lives right now.  Our family is being blessed with a retreat the week of the 24th.  When we return, I pray that special revelation will have come, that I might be able to share more here again! 

2 comments:

  1. Amanda, just wanted to drop by...say Hello and I've missed you. Praying for you and hope you're having fun romping with the sweet little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca, Thank you soo much! Your prayers have been felt! Bless you sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete