NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Monday, April 20, 2009

Spring is in the air and I LOVE homeschooling!

So I have been 'on the run', if but only mentally, lately. While my oldest is in high school track (he is a thrower) and we need to coordinate around practice and meets, I am still managing the last few weeks of 2 online college classes. I am also piecing through the research I have been promising on Auditory Processing Delays (APD) as well as flying through a book I checked out, "Real Life Homeschooling" by Rhonda Barfield. I am preparing notes for a book review post. (yes, I thrive on multi-tasking!)

In the meantime, the kids and I decided to start planting our garden today. We used a document I created to begin charting this process. The day being so nice and all, I prepared a snack and we headed out to do our "schoolwork" at the picnic table....



So I wonder... how often do public schools do schoolwork this way?
We all had a wonderful time :-)
By the way... my son's posture as he is writing... he use to get in trouble for that in public school. Unfortunately, I am NOT kidding! You have no idea how excited he was to finally realize that, at home, he can sit however he wants as long as he gets the job done!


No comments:

Post a Comment