NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Confessions of a curriculum addict

I have a confession to make: I have begun throwing away every single curriculum and school supply catalog that comes into my house.... without even looking at them! What's more... it has been rather liberating!

The other day I spoke about the organizing quandary I am currently praying through. I have been collecting items for many, many years in the hopes of using them in my own classroom someday (not realizing it would be a homeschool classroom!). Staring at the boxes and piles I have pulled and sorted from beyond many nooks and crannies I thought I would never decide on a direction. However, upon putting it into prayer, God revealed the first step to me: DON'T BUY ANYTHING ELSE! Ohhhhh how hard that is though! The catalogs have the neatest doo-dads in them and teaching would be soooo much more fun if I had this or that or.....

But God said "NO". (He says that a lot to me!)

So I have been throwing the catalogs out. It has been hard, but I am being quite strict with myself on the matter. God has spoken and I do wish to obey. I do have A LOT of stuff that the kids and I are blessed to work with. I am stepping out in trust that He will continue to reveal more steps in this process of sorting and determining.... some commands have been slowly coming to light.

Now as far as the piles around my desk right now........ God??

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes this is the best idea. We truly have so much, in light of the people in other countries. We have homes full of stuff. It takes work, prayer and creativity..but using "what's in your hand" can be kind of thrilling. I love to make something great out of bits of this and that. Also, bartering what you need for what they want works here. And the best thing: praying for something and watching God provide. Now it's a testimony. Lord bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :-) I haven't gotten to bartering yet, but I have heard it can work here as well! Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete