NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Sunday, July 5, 2009

The problem with company when you are an aspiring writer

Yesterday was Independence Day. We are blessed to live in a state where just about any kind of fireworks are legal. Our neighborhood lights up with the displays that everyone enjoys putting on. Our tradition has been to invite the in-laws over (My family still lives back East) have a summer feast of grilled yummies, cool pasta salads, and a delicious strawberry shortcake that resembles a flag :-) (I forgot to take a picture!!)



During company conversation yesterday I was deeply inspired to a post I wanted to share. But the problem with company when you are an aspiring writer is that... you can't just up and leave your guests to tap away on a keyboard!! I know, I could have written down some notes, but no... I thought I would just remember (even though deep down I knew better!) When I am inspired the words just flow like magic, weaving and winding together to form something I become quite proud of! And when the inspiration is gone.... well, I clunk out a rock that just sits there!



Oh well... there will be other days :-)



(I know this is blurry... it was a little 4th of July fun with glo-sticks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment