NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Stuck To The Windshield!

 I walked out to my car a couple weeks ago.  Ready to run errands, something on the windshield caught my eye.

 At first my attention was drown by the beauty of my two favorite seasons coming to an impact right there on the car!  Zooming in with the camera, something else caught but this time in my heart:  the leaf was stuck. 

I thought I would try driving with it... surely it will blow off.  Even after dashboard heaters warm the icy windows... it is stuck.  My heart pulled more; stuck.
I glimpsed people in that leaf.  Driving down the highway and seeing it stay firm.  It couldn't move if it wanted to.  Don't people get stuck too?  Not like the leaf, we do have a choice but much like my frozen plastered friend, we cling to the windshield.  Is it fear?  Is it pain?  Is it uncertainty?  Is it simply that we don't realize, until we are barreling down the highway of life, that we have gone and gotten ourselves stuck?
 I don't want to be stuck.  I have been stuck before.  It hurts to get ripped off the glass going full speed!  I personally prefer the soft thaw and gentle lifting.  No, I take that back... I prefer to not be stuck at all! 


For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.  - Ephesians 2:10


God has called us to His service, to glorify His name... not to be stuck to a windshield!  Every time I feel the ice setting in, I try to remember.... HE is counting on me, He wants to use me, work through me and He can't do that if I am stuck to the windshield!

I pray, today, that you won't let yourself be stuck to the windshield.  Let God use you to the fullest.  Be blown by the wind not held down by the frost!

Bless you dear friend,



 




3 comments:

  1. I love the reminder that God is counting on us to not be stuck. Even though He doesn't actually *need* anything from us, he absolutely *wants* us to be in His Will. And I definitely agree with you: when I am stuck, I much prefer the gentle thaw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be blown by the wind (the Spirit), not held down by the frost (fear). I love that! I found you through your link at Thought Provoking Thursday. Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awomanforhim, You are very right, I will have to share the popcorn maker story sometime! But, yes, He does WANT us in His will and we are always blessed in that place!

    Lisa, I am so glad you swung by from Some Girl's site and that His word in this place could speak to you!

    Bless you both!

    ReplyDelete