NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Steps Established

I love this picture, taken this week by my husband at a spot locally called "The Bowl".  A hot sledding area nestled between two converging roads, on the side of a ridge, overlooking the valley and the majestic Rockies not too far away.

My daughter is resting.  The climb from the spot where everyone looks like ants from here wore her out!  So there she sits... looking.  I think of her, halfway through 8th grade.  Next year she will be "High School" with all new focus and direction where studies are concerned.  For 8 1/2 years we have laid foundations and prepared her to prepare for her future... the time for walls to go up on the house of her tomorrows is quickly approaching.

I don't know what her future holds... I don't even know what my future holds!  But I know the steps we take in the Lord will get us there.


The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.  
- Proverbs 16:9

 When we look out on the horizons of life we may glimpse His plans in the distance but the path to that destination can be filled with the unexpected.

My thoughts and prayers often turn to hope in the steps the Lord establishes for us... that we may be able to admire the view no matter where the path may lead.

Many blessings as you trek out today!





Linking up with Somegirl today:

No comments:

Post a Comment