NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Friday, January 13, 2012

This Is Your Life

Wednesday I felt led to share about letting go of the past.  Yesterday, as I drove around town running errands, this song rolled across the airways and the volume dial turned towards up:



It was as if God was sharing an extended addition to "Stuck in the Mud" from the day before.  It stirred my heart, thinking of where I was 20 years ago, where I had hoped to be.  My dreams of who I would be and how I would accomplish so much.

Then something changed.  A man entered my life, you probably know Him.  His name is Jesus.

Is my life like I had dreamed 20 years ago?  Not exactly.  I was wishing and striving towards things and ambitions this broken world is successful in tearing apart.  No, my life now is actually better.  Not better in things or haves.  Rather, it is better in the joy and hope I couldn't have anticipated in my self-centered early adult naivety.

As a matter of fact, listening to this song, thought provoking as it is, brought to mind a need for one more line:

This is your life, are you who God has called you to be?

Our human mind dreams up faulty dreams to fit a faulty world.  But God's dreams fulfilled through us, are always perfect when held up against divine objectives.  I may not have all the things and prestige a world thinks I should have... but I have all that my God gives me, how can I not be complete in that?

Thinking on this Thursday, praying your ponderings bring you answers and peace today.

Blessings to you for a most wonderful weekend,





Linking up with Somegirl today:


No comments:

Post a Comment