NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Monday, July 2, 2012

Steady My Heart

I know I don't normally blog on Mondays but something powerful and beautiful has been on my heart lately, and I felt inspired to share today. 


It is one of those repeated messages:  Trust ME 

So much is whirling around right now.  Both the good and the bad.  Challenges where we live.  Challenges from the liar in our lives who tells us we "can't" even when God is saying we CAN.  And as we step it up yet another notch; fundraising month for the BIG trip, the Spirit says I am with you while the liar says "give up before you start - you will fail".

I don't want to be discouraged... no more than I want to be OVER-zealous.  I want to be steady and I choose to TRUST God is planning to do big things... impossible things. 

God has called us to BIG and impossible things... he is going to reveal himself in BIG and impossible ways and when I turn a deaf ear to the liar... all that is left is to only hear encouragement and TRUTH from the One who holds my life in His hands.

The preacher talked about this in church yesterday.  About Joshua, and his bold public prayer for impossible things...

On the day when the Lord gave the Amorites over to the Israelites, Joshua spoke to the Lord; and he said in the sight of Israel, "Sun, stand still at Gibeon, and Moon, in the valley of Aijalon." And the sun stood still, and the moon stopped
- Joshua 10:12-13b (NRSV) 

Trust is often easier said then done.  Trust in the impossible often makes us look crazy!  But Trusting God for the impossible is the only hope worth living for.

Steady Hearts aren't easy either... but they are possible when we place our hearts in His mighty and capable hands.


The road ahead is a bit scary... I won't lie!  I don't pretend to know how it will all work out.  But I know and TRUST the one who works ALL things out for His Glory.  And so I know I can look forward to all the praise reports HE will give me to share because I trust HIM... and not that mean liar

I pray continually that He steadies my heart and strengthens my focus... may He steady your heart too.

Blessings,







Joining Michelle today at:

No comments:

Post a Comment