NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Friday, June 29, 2012

Smelling the Roses

This week we took time to smell the roses... literally.  And I am so glad we did.  This nose-to-the-grindstone mama has to schedule rose-smelling adventures and I can't say that is a good thing.


As summer goes into full swing, our to-do list seems daunting.  Preparing for fundraising, considering packing away what remains of our household for what seems to be (at this time) an indefinate amount of time and preparing for traveling to a still-as-yet undetermined house....

... "Daunting" only scratches the surface!


But it is in these times that I remember verses like the [recently re-occurring] one in Luke:


“Consider the lilies [roses ;-)], how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; but I tell you, not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. “But if God so clothes the grass in the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, how much more will He clothe you?
- Luke 12:27-28a (NRSV)

I left out "O ye of little faith" because that is just it... every time I start to worry I pause and consider all the big, and little, things God does... if he can do all, hold all, consider all.... if HE, creator of the universe, has called us to pack up and drive across the country... surely He has all the details covered.  HE, won't let us fall.

I'm grateful for this summer to prepare.  It may seem "daunting" at times... but it is all Covered and because it is covered I can stop to smell (and consider) the 'roses' of the field.  I can enjoy resting in Him and His creation as we prepare in this season for the next season.

I pray you are stopping to smell (and consider) plenty of roses this summer!







Linking up with Sue and the iHomeschoolNetwork today:


as well as Kris:
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Love your photos - and the reminder that life is about more than the chaos! It is hard to depend on Him when you can't see what's coming, but He seemed to speak to you this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) It can be tricky, following a path you know not where it leads, but God has never failed me... so how can I fail to follow?!

      Delete