NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Small Steps

With all the rocks laying around in this heavily forested retreat camp, it was surely divine intervention that drew my attention.  Hiking up a hill in the cool, crisp October air, there it was.  What was it pointing at?
Nothing that I could see... mostly a bunch of trees.  So I strained to see...
... yup, just trees... and perhaps the bay at the tip of the small lake.  What's the big deal?

I don't think it was chance.  Someone was marking something.  A message to another grounds worker?  A heart message silently shared from a God-spoken-to heart?  We can't know for sure... but it spoke to me.
Like the stone pointing an unknown direction and the wind blowing these trees with an approaching storm... I simply do not know where most things, on most days, will ultimately lead me.

The wind blows where it chooses, and you hear the sound of it, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit."  
 - John 3:8

I try to plan my steps but when I don't trust the supreme Planner for the execution of those steps I get lost.  His execution and direction doesnt' always make sense... at all.  


  ... but the outcome is always glorious.  Down the hill and through the trees in the direction of the mysterious pointing stone I was able to snap these shots.  As I look at them now I ponder the significance... how many of God's little leadings in life which seem small and insignificant, lead us to something so wonderful we can't imagine the steps we are taking are bringing us there.

As if in confirmation of this pondering, God place before my ears today a message which encourages those small, trees-in-the-way-of-the-view steps:  Our lives are made up of a series of small steps.  Some are more immediately profound then others, but all lead in a certain direction.  (Even when you can't tell what direction that is!)


What direction are you going?

We may not know the plans, but we can trust the supreme Planner and take the path, one small step at a time.

Many Blessings to you as you travel your path today!







Linking up today with Mom's Mustard Seeds, Women Living Well, Seeds of Faith, Internet Cafe and A Holy Experience.


11 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing these thoughts. They are an encouragement to me as I continue to take small steps. I will keep going and trust that He will get me where I'm going---where He wants me to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... and when he wants you to be there! Thank you for sharing Jennifer, I will pray for you as you take those steps!

      Delete
  2. Small steps.....the best way to start moving in a new direction. I love what you said about the small insignificant things leading to something wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V, It always blesses my heart when God's Word strikes a note in someone else's. It is so easy to overlook the little things as if they have no bearing on the big things we seek to attain... yet it is often in those little insignificant steps that we grow so much and get so far! Bless you today as you walk.

      Delete
  3. I'm new here - what an encouraging post - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stef, welcome and thank you... God does all the work, I am only his instrument. Bless you!

      Delete
  4. The Great Planner has guided my path for many years, through several states and various ministries and I've never been disappointed in his path. I'm always happiest in the center of God's will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pameal, Thank you so much for sharing this testimony! Bless you too :-)

      Delete
  5. Wonderfully said, thank you! May God Bless you too :-)

    ReplyDelete