NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Random Faith




Writing and thinking on random thoughts today.  It has been such a random week.  Random tidbits to get done in the RV before we are ready to really launch into full-“mobile ministry”.  Random bits of leftover challenges and expectations unrealized. 

Like the leaves blown briskly from the trees, the randomness whirls around and suddenly lands in the unexpected. 

Like an opportunity to understand what true-deep faith looks like.  Drawn to Hebrews 11 and seeing for myself… it isn’t where we have been, or where we are now, but our focus on where we are going that tends to matter most and draw us through the rough times.


It is our roots, spread into springs and creeks which gives life in season and out.  The springs and creeks which I formally took for granted and now find myself clinging close to and searching deeply through for those nuggets of Gold.


 Like seeing that the phrase “God is my Rock” is more than a beautiful phrase, rather, the true-deep-anchor point of this mission-mama’s heart in these trying times.

What happens when the random events of our lives settle down long enough for us to take a true, deep-heart, close-up look at our God, our faith, and where our strength comes from.  Some of you know this too personally.  Some may be like me… proudly living your faith, believing every single one of these words I type with all your heart, but never truly knowing what it REALLY means to find yourself standing with not much more than your faith left.  All other ground is sinking sand… causing you to pull in tight to that Rock you depend on.

Yup, that is me… even in random moments lately.  I stop, let the randomness settle so I don’t get lost in the ‘clutter’ of daily life, Grab a hold of faith, look to the place I truly belong but keeping green while I am still here, standing on that Rock so I don’t sink and fall on my butt!!

I pray your random moments give way to deep faith revelations, spurring you closer to Him and deeper in love with your someday destination… because here, we are only passing through!

They confessed that they were strangers and foreigners on the earth, 14 for people who speak in this way make it clear that they are seeking a homeland. 15 If they had been thinking of the land that they had left behind, they would have had opportunity to return. 16 But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one.
Hebrews 11:13b-16a (NRSV)

Blessings







Linking up today with:


No comments:

Post a Comment