NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Refuge in the Fortress

Prairie Fires devastate Nebraska

We live in a country devastated.  And I don't just mean from Sandy.  Sandy's devastation is but a symbol of spiritual power-outages and eternal loss.  Yet even in these earthly moments of despair, God is not far.

Our God in man form weeps deep heart tears over the same passions and hurts we feel.


When Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who came with her also weeping, he was greatly disturbed in spirit and deeply moved.
- John 11:33

Our God in heavenly form calls us to Him... and we ought to seek him.

Protect me, O God, for in you I take refuge.
Psalm 16:1

The life of a missionary wife/mom is much like this.  As a matter of fact, I would wager that the life of most devout Christians can be much like this.  We are the reporters called to see the devastation.  We are the relief workers seeking to help repair and rebuild.  


Many times the response is welcoming and reviving.  But then, at times, the darkness overtakes and the wailing won't stop to listen to reason.

Protect me, O God, for in you I take refuge.  
 
Our very presence is despised, our help is rejected, but God says stay - speak- live.

Protect me, O God, for in you I take refuge.  

And in obedience God never fails.  Sometimes we have to look closely to see His face in the little things; a word of encouragement in the midst of nay-sayers, a help up in the midst of being pushed down, a reply when everyone else is shutting us out.

He is there.

He does not leave us... or forsake us.  When we live a life as good and faithful servants.  

You who live in the shelter of the Most High, who abide in the shadow of the Almighty,  will say to the Lord, "My refuge and my fortress; my God, in whom I trust." 
Psalm 91:1-

The fortress of God gives me safe cover each day we complete our tasks set before us instead of letting the world overtake us.  

The fortress of God holds back the fire each day as we live out our faith before unbelievers or religious blindness.

The fortress of God reminds me each day that, outside His walls, I would not survive... none of us would.


I don't know why these are the only words God has given me today... but perhaps God knows someone out there who needs to know HE is their refuge... no matter where they are or what they are doing.  God's fortress is our protection.  Let us draw into Its cover in all we do, big and small.  Let us not allow devastation to hit where it matters most... we are only passing through this place.


May God bless the path you walk... and may that path lie within His Fortress walls.

Blessings,









Linking up today with:

2 comments:

  1. I've been pondering on God, our Mighty Fortress lately and am happy to find Him here. We are so safe in Him! Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praising God to see a sister in the fortress with me! May he bless and keep you "in the shadow of his wings"! In the heart of Christ.

      Delete