NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

When Impossible is Possible

We lay in the darkness just after a lengthy sharing of hearts on ministry, vision, study, children... all the things a couple can think to connect on in quiet pre-slumber chatter.  As silence settled, my husband tossed and turned... but not with the usual trying to get comfortable movements.  It was more fidgety, even odd, so I asked, "You OK?"  He replied in the affirmative, "I have that new Britt Nicole song stuck in my head."

I paused, "What new song?" (There is a new one?)

"The oh oh oh one."

At this point I had to stifle a laugh and I was still puzzled so he continued, "I think it is one of my favorite songs.  It ranks up there with 'Hero'"

I couldn't leave him flailing so I honestly added, "Well, that actually sounds interesting... probably something I would like." I fell into an amazed silence.  I never... EVER... thought I would hear my husband getting a pop song stuck in his head let alone refer to it as the "Oh oh oh" song and one of his favorites. Nor could I have predicted the day we would share musical taste. But here I must digress.


It is a long story, the full version is in my book, Testimonies, but the shortened condensed version is this:

Girl strays from God.
Girl meets boy in her strayed state.
Boy is a cigarette smoking, metal head, recovered alcoholic with a shaved head and gruff disposition.
Yet God sticks them together.
2 Years later Girl returns to God and grows in faith.
Boy breaks her heart.
Again.
And again.
And again.
Girl prays.
Again
And again.
And again.
And just when Girl thinks God is not going to answer...
He does.
Boy stops smoking and starts going to church.
Boy stops breaking girl's heart and starts reading the Bible (completing it in one year and starting in-depth studies... growing him in faith)
Boy stops listening to heavy metal and starts listening to Christian Rock, taking the KLove challenge (no one told him to!!)
Boy's creased brow and negative disposition; softens, he smiles, he laughs he LOVES.



There are so many remarkable points to the walk God has led me on through prayer and unconditional, committed love.  As if my husband's conversion after 10 years of praying for him wasn't enough, God continued to work in mighty and amazing ways after.

Where my husband said he would never listen to anything accept his Heavy Metal because he liked the music and talent, I chose to pray radically.  It seemed impossible that a devoted metal head would convert to pop.  But if Moses could part a sea and Jesus could walk on water... I believed God could wash my husband of all his old ways.

And he did.


Listening to Britt Nicole sing "All This Time" I realized, first, I had heard the "oh oh oh" song and I find myself singing the refrain too!  But also, the lyrics really do sing our hearts.  I see how it defines my husband's walk, 40 years defying God's desires for him then, before he knows what is happening, he is on his knees weeping before the Lord.  People see him post-conversion and they SEE the change in his face, his smile... His heart shines on the outside.  God truly stole his heart... and each day I look at my husband, God steals my heart all over again.

Prayer works.

The impossible is possible through God.

HE is walking with you all the time... HE is listening.

Just believe, trust, search and wait.  His glory and answers will knock your socks off!


“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; those who seek find; and to those who knock, the door will be opened."
-Matthew 7:7-8



To read my journey through prayer you can click and download my FREE e-Book.  The testimonies of our lives build each of us up in our faith.  I would love to hear yours!


Keep praying and may you know his most wonderful blessings as a result.




10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful love story! Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

    blessings to you and your guy!
    Alida

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... it is hard not to shout the joy God gives when something wonderful happens :-) Blessings to you as well :-)

      Delete
  2. Ah, Amanda, I LOVE THIS...I think...this may be my favorite of yours...ever....I know the power of prayer...yet, I'm still 'of little faith'....love the way you walk with me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca, I am humbled to hear you say that... I know you have had a rough road to travel too. It is a blessing to share this walk with you :-)

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful story of God's amazing grace, and love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise... God is just so wonderful... I had to share it with all! Bless you :-)

      Delete
  4. Amen! Amen! Amen! God is a miracle-working, prayer-answering God. Thank you so much for posting your story. It's amazing---and comforting to me as I wait for answers in some areas of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That He is Jennifer... so blessed to know you could find comfort in His work here :-) Bless you as you wait :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayer is so amazing and powerful!!!! I have a friend with a very similar story. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is wonderful to know when God is working in lives, thank you for sharing about your friend... so encouraging! Blessings :-)

      Delete