NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Monday, March 5, 2012

Dreaming Insomnia


What happens when your dreams have insomnia?  When you try to capture what you once new and find it vanishing like vapor into a cloud filled sky?  No stars, no rest, and certainly no achievement through sleep.

I was raised by a woman who always told me to "Reach for the stars."  She never told me, though, how our arms can get tired after a time.  If we quit reaching up we often forget we knew how.

I took last week off from blogging because I was getting insomnia.  I would try and try to lay my head down, but dream filled sleep was alluding me.  Peace and rest were slipping away. 

Isn't that the way of motherhood though?  You loose yourself to children and husband and housework.  You neglect time for YOU and the Lord and you find yourself Insomniac, PH.d.! 

Simply, I got lazy and took my time with the Lord for granted.  I looked to my own means and neglected to acknowledge His provision... of Word, of guidance, of peace.

So last week I simply rested. 

I rested in Him.  I rested in His Word.  I rested my mind to Hear His Guidance.

You see, as a busy homeschool mom (like all of you) I sometimes bite off more than I can chew.  I want to do it all!  Read every book, write every article, share every moment with my children... but I can't.  Currently we are working hard on a new website which feels more like information filtered through molasses because I am stretching myself so thin.  I have been slightly discouraged and seeking the Lord, 'Why so slow?  How more progress?  What can I do differently?'

And in the peace, in the quiet, the dreams came. 


I may be blogging less here for a while... though I will still be writing weekly.  God has revealed a plan to me which, I pray, will allow me to share His Heart here in smaller bites while working out His heart in the new site we are building. 

I covet your prayers in this time and I want all to know how blessed I feel to have such an encouraging reader base. 

May HE bless each one of you, to avoid insomnia and embrace sweet dreams through time and peace with Him.

Be Blessed,



No comments:

Post a Comment