NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Strength to Strength



A crisis struck our family last week.  One which I would have never, in a million years, seen coming.  One that rocked to my very foundation and halted me dead in my steps.

The crisis is passed and I find myself actually thankful for the time in the desert.  After all, we can't truly remember how Refreshing Water is until we have been parched, even if for a short time.

Blessed are those whose strength is in you,
   whose hearts are set on pilgrimage.
As they pass through the Valley of Baka,
   they make it a place of springs;
   the autumn rains also cover it with pools.
Psalm 84:5-6 (TNIV)



I don't think I will soon forget how it felt.  To be lost and confused... to know My God was with me but not sure of what I was Hearing and where I was going.  But he didn't let me wander long.  Not even 24 hours.  


A prayer through tears and pain brought me to a friend I hadn't turned to in a while which God used to lead me to Psalm 84.  The part I won't forget:  My parched heart feeling a rush of cool, refreshing water pour in as I read and soaked in each replenishing Word.... literally!


They go from strength to strength,
   till each appears before God in Zion. 
verse 7

I may be between strengths... but I can go from strength-to-strength for HE is always with me (Psalm 23).

Better is one day in your courts
   than a thousand elsewhere;
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
   than dwell in the tents of the wicked.  
verse 10

I may face challenges, I may endure hurts... but I would rather stand firm in the doorway to the Lord's house than allow myself to slink on the steps of Satan's threshold.

For the LORD God is a sun and shield;
   the LORD bestows favor and honor;
no good thing does he withhold
   from those whose walk is blameless.
 LORD Almighty,
   blessed are those who trust in you.
 verse 11-12


The Lord is my shield, HE will protect me, I need only hold that shield up in defense. He will strengthen my arms to keep it there.

Oh how my heart and hope were restored.  I found my strength, my soul was nourished, and my prayers were raised like a flag in battle.

Within hours the Great Commander resolved the battle.  The results were amazing and as unexpected as the onset and as wonderful as the refreshing Water I received.  Each day I continue to pray, in strength, to be remembered between strengths... to always be that fresh spring of water in the midst of a desert place.

My you feel the sweet refreshing Water of the Spirit on your soul this week.

Deepest blessings to you,




12 comments:

  1. Praising with you in the victory...! The joy of the Lord is our strength whether we are in the desert or in the ocean... Amen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Kathleen, Thank you, and yes! I praise God for all His wonderful terrain and what he teaches me as I travel ;-)

      Delete
  2. Amanda, I am so sorry for your hurt and so happy you had friends...to share God's love with you! Those are tough times...when something rocks our foundation....and I know..you know...when it's build on God....that foundation will not crack/sink or fall in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca, you are so right. It is interesting how the enemy can blind us to hope and help but when we look down and see that firm foundation it gradually gets easier to see through the thick and for our way Home. God is so amazing!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful post! I'm so blessed by how God provided for you in every way in the situation you're in. I have been in some of those situations very recently. Some are resolved. Some are not. I continue to trust Him as He carries me from strength to strength.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, Thank you, I knew you would be able to relate.. I pray HE carries you from strength to strength!

      Delete
  4. When I am in a desert place, it encourages me to see others thankful for their time in the desert. I pray that He continues to strengthen you. I also loved this... "The Lord is my shield, HE will protect me, I need only hold that shield up in defense. He will strengthen my arms to keep it there." What a wonderful picture of the balance of what God asks us to do and what He does himself. So thankful for His strength! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy, our lives, both up and down, are a testimony to others for perseverance... I am grateful you share that same heart. It is wonderful to see God's strength... and even more-so to share it. Be blessed!

      Delete
  5. It is always amazing when we are sideswiped and we see how God intervenes. Sometimes the intervention is peace, and sometimes it is a miracle. Either way, it is always an opportunity for God to grow our faith. I'm glad you got to witness God's strength in your situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, you are right... and God's glory is often the brightest after the dark!

      Delete