NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Friday, March 9, 2012

Some Days...


Last week's challenges and this week's business brought me into a Thursday evening that felt more like the whir of a subway terminal then the peace of a near-week-end mount to cool down.  I admittedly hit "snooze" twice this morning before simply turning the alarm off and tucking back in.


Some days are like that.

It hasn't happened to me in a while and I will also admit that the earlier days of our homeschooling adventures saw this occurrence much more regularly.  But this past year I just felt God leading us to push-through, work hard and learn self discipline.  After all, my oldest daughter starts homeschool high school this coming fall... perseverance and dedication are quality life skills she will be needing all too soon.


But so is the once-in-a-blue-moon, call into work (even though you aren't really sick) because you just need to regroup.

In all of life... some days are just like that.

And as long as every day isn't like that and, however a homeschool is arranged, we push and persevere to reach our goals... our children will learn the important and valued skills.


And while important is good writing, math, and reading.  Important is also knowing when to say "no", how to stop, and recognizing when God is calling for the body (and mind's) need to take a break in avoidance of overworking.

Time is valuable.

Hearing God's voice in the inner-workings is valued most of all. 

All days should be just like that.

I pray today's set down taught my dear ones that it is O.K. to stop, to say no to the spelling and yes to the bike riding... to recognize God had other things just as important in store and our minds could benefit from the temporary break.  Hopefully they learned that while some days are like that; all days are successful when we choose to Submit.

My dear friend, Rebecca, at Mom's Mustard Seeds is going to be doing a series on "Not Letting Your Curriculum Rule You".  I am looking forward to her insight... especially after days like today!  Learning is important... so is letting go!

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 
Matthew 11:28 (ESV)

Be blessed this weekend!





Linking up with Sue today at:



No comments:

Post a Comment