NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Monday, April 23, 2012

Don't Get Use To This


I have taken a lot of time off from posting on Mondays (and from posting on our other site) to focus on the building of a vision God has given us for the web... a new site which would take the place of our KOG Missions site and possibly even overlap with some of the topics I post about here at Faithful.

I prayed before all of this.

The vision is one I am certain (long story) God has given us to work on NOW.

BUT

There is often a but.  The harder I try and the more I set aside... the less I am getting done. 

It is a paradox (no, not a pair of ducks... a paradox)

Enter church on Sunday.

I (and the kids) did not go with my husband this weekend.  My dear Brooke was sick, then there was an issue of driving, and time, etc... we stayed home and watched another favorite church of ours which streams live on the web.

I firmly believe it was ordained to be that way.

While my husband found relevance in the message at our regular church (praising God for some affirmation), I was deeply moved by the web-message.

Don't Get Use To This  


Concerning this salvation, the prophets who prophesied of the grace that was to be yours made careful search and inquiry, inquiring about the person or time that the Spirit of Christ within them indicated when it testified in advance to the sufferings destined for Christ and the subsequent gloryIt was revealed to them that they were serving not themselves but you, in regard to the things that have now been announced to you through those who brought you good news by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven—things into which angels long to look!
- 1 Peter 1:10-12


We are so blessed.


In the United States and any country that can freely get on the web, do a Bible Study, or even meet as a church.


 We are so blessed.


With God's Word at our fingertips; testimonies of God's work throughout time.



We are so blessed.


As men and women die worldwide for their faith, we are blessed with the opportunity to speak out for ours.



We are so blessed.


With resources by the TONS ready and waiting to be used for Kingdom Glory.


But we often take our blessings for granted.  Pastor Levi  pressed into the cold hard truth:  The people Peter wrote to were often hiding and regularly persecuted for their faith.  The message he shared was a battle cry to be BOLD for that faith.  And we are to often not bold enough.


As he pressed on he reminded us what Peter is really saying here:  the prophets that went before us lived by faith in what was to come.  They labored for the hope that would be.... we are blessed to have faith in what has already come.  We are able to labor for the hope that IS.


We have an obligation to remember their hard work by offering our hard work on their behalf in all things they couldn't do... and we can.


We have so many resources and opportunities to speak on behalf of Christ, but we often become comfortable where we are.  We pass up opportunity to speak up, we are less bold, less active on behalf of the Kingdom... we aren't using what we have been given to the fullest extent it was given for.


It is a shame.


And I am guilty too.  It starts with 2+ snoozes lately... not embracing the value of my morning Bible study time to its fullest extent, instead making due with half the time.


I am guilty too.  As I let conversations around the house and small distractions interfere with my work time.  


I am guilty too.  I forgo stepping out of my box for kicking back, too cozy, in my box.


Oh, shame on me.


I don't deserve the blessings God has afforded.  But there-in lies the catch... the wonderful and amazing Kingdom logic:  None of us deserve it... but he gives it anyway.


And what happens?  1 Peter 1:12b tells us "angels long to look".  Pastor Levi described it as the angels chomping at the bit to see what we are going to do.  The Greek here indicates they have a "strong urging"... they always have a strong urging to declare God's glory... you see it all throughout the text.  As God gives them a message to deliver, they rush to get it there... fighting off demons when necessary.


Oh, if we were to work as the angels work, assured of who we serve and the urgency of His message.


I find myself convicted and evaluating.  Where am I not committed enough?  Where am I a lazy Christian, taking my faith and the resources God has given me for granted?


Oh, my Lord, please forgive this faulty heart of mine!  Grant me a spirit of endurance to persevere and to use all you have given me for your Kingdom's Glory.  Let me not get use to this!


I pray you don't get use to things either!


Be blessed this week,






Joining Michelle today at:


No comments:

Post a Comment