NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Thursday, April 12, 2012

God's Glasses


But the LORD said to Samuel, "; Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."   
- 1 Samuel 16:7

Many years ago I felt convicted to truly consider how God looks at people.  I prayed and sought His counsel and guidance... most of all, I asked for his eyes.  The very next day while in the gas station convenience store a woman walked in.  I looked up and I saw: hurt, loss and confusion.  I saw someone who was broken and searching... I saw straight through to her heart and was instantly filled with compassion.

It wasn't until later, in the quiet at home while I bowed before the Lord, He removed HIS glasses from my eyes and put mine back in place. I began to see how He had answered my prayer.  The woman who had  popped in to pay for gas, looked to be in her 40s.  Her short, thin body was covered by clothes from a decade gone by.  Nicotine was an obvious habit and she seemed like a beer and pool table lady by my eye's standards... but I hadn't initially seen her with MY eyes.


I felt moved in my spirit.  Were God's glasses the implements I truly desired to see all people with?  To view them not for the outward, rather, for the inward?  Yes, definitely, yes.  But at the same time, the inward was often so scared and painful.  I desired MORE while at the same time realizing; to see people as God sees them is to see the state of their spirit, the ways of their heart... not the make-up (or lack of), not the clothes (in whatever state) and not the cars.... it means to see the eternal in all its ugliness or beauty... and suddenly know the responsibility we each have.

Our responsibility isn't to judge... it is to teach.  It isn't to condemn... it is to lead.  It isn't to base presumption on material... but to set examples by eternal.  And all the while, with God's glasses on, witnessing both pain and healing.

Are we ready for that?


A tough thought for today...








Linking up with Michelle at Some Girl today :
image from stock.xchng



No comments:

Post a Comment