NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Time in the Closet


But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly. 
- Matthew 6:6

The "room" Jesus spoke about here was most likely a reference to the prayer shawl and to the needed time of private prayer.  It caused me to ponder the value of the time we set aside to devote in private prayer... whether sitting at our bedside, the dinning room table, or alone on the couch.  We don't need to go into a "closet" or necessarily under a shawl (though that is always an option!).  The point is to take time alone and focus on the Lord.


Why?


Relationship.


What if you determined you were too busy to spend time alone with your husband?  More-so, you did this for an extended period of time... a day, 3 days, a week... more.  How would your relationship be?




It is much the same with God.  When we determine to not set aside that quiet, alone, prayer time, we are detaching from our source of all hope and help and comfort and celebration in our life.  Over time, his messages to our hearts, our reception, and ultimately our relationship deteriorates.  


We should never be too busy not to pray.  

Can't seem to get alone with the Lord?  Worst-case-scenario there is the bathroom, the car on the way to the store, or even literally a closet (I have done that a few times in desperation!)


Let us be desperate for His presence by being desperately in prayer.  Don't miss a day!!  He is faithful, let us be faithful too.


Be blessed in prayer,





God used prayer to transform my life in some most profound ways.  You can read about it in "Testimonies; The Power of Prayer" by clicking below: 

Linking up today with






Shawl image from stock.xchng
Praying hands image created by my sweet husband :)

8 comments:

  1. My life...is always askew when I leave prayer and quiet time for 'last' thing.... Yes, prayer closet....very necessary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing Rebecca, it is always a blessing to hear a bit of testimony :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, I had to share the way God has touched my heart on prayer... I am thankful He could touch yours today too.

      Delete
  3. So true. This morning I was tired and ended up on my knees just as I stumbled out of bed and then I realized, oh, wow, I haven't been willfully in this position in a while and it's past due time for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how God will bring us into positions... even prayer ones... and all that is left to do is submit! Thank you so much for sharing!

      Delete
  4. You are absolutely right when you say that we should never be too busy not to pray. I'm sure all of us at some point in time (especially us mothers) have prayed in the bathroom :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many years ago a friend recommended praying in the bathroom to me and I thought she was crazy! Now, it is the ONLY quiet place where I am staying!! My husband and I have both taken to praying there and we both will come out and tell one another "Jesus was in the bathroom this morning" and share a revelation... fact is, Jesus is going to show up no matter where we go if we simply give up our selves and call on him :-) Be blessed... wherever you pray!

      Delete