NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Bloom in Progress

First I have to say a BIG Thank You to Melanie at Only a Breath for the beautiful button to display my One Word for 2013.  I will be joining her monthly link-up to share my walk through Blooming in all the wonderful areas God is calling me to BLOOM!

A PROGRESS REPORT
[To see my journey so far, read my first article in the series, Bloom]

I expected God to reveal this process of Blooming one-step-at-a-time.  A sort-of month-by-month bloom in one area then move on to bloom in another.  It looked that way at first when He showed me...



Motherhood

I fully expected to be at least a few weeks, if not a month, in exploring how I could Bloom in mothering.  BUT... the very next day came...


Marriage

... and to be honest, that one concerned me!  I thought my marriage was just fine the way it is!  God quickly showed me, yes... BUT, I had some blooming to do (More on that later!)

In ONE day He also showed me:




Relationships 
-                 With People
                      With God
       Living
 

  ... and because I didn't 'get' the "Living" thing and nearly wrote it off, a few mornings ago I woke up with this word deep in my heart and have begun to notice the most extraordinary ways I can Bloom in simply Living!


Other words have come as well, but I don't yet understand their place:
... because on the very first day of this journey, God also showed me a simple daisy...


 with only seven petals, one stem and three leaves (unlike the one above!).  My husband reminds me of the significance of 3's and 7's in the Bible!  I have it sketched in my journal and I do plan to share it later.

God also revealed to me how each part of the daisy had a part which worked towards the over-all Bloom.  The imperfection of the petals, not all shaped or spaced just-right; the stem which was the life-stream to bring the bloom to life; the leaves which take in nourishment from the sun; and even the roots which soak up moister and more nutrients from the soil.

Above all, is the daisy's resilience... all this working together to bring more power to the word BLOOM.  And already, I feel this nourishment, resilience and the SON opening the blossoms.

I hope to write specifically in the coming weeks and months on Motherhood and periodically on Marriage and how God is showing me to bloom in these and other areas.  For now, this is just a report of how it is all coming together!

I hope you will join me throughout this process... to Bloom with me in whatever areas of Life you feel God calling you to do more than just grow....... but also to.....
Most sincere blessings,










 
Also linking up with:




4 comments:

  1. Beautiful word! I look forward to your blooming days this year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... we have a beautiful God! I look forward to sharing :-)

      Delete
  2. Great word! :) Excited to see how you will grow,this year. Thanks for linking up with Simply Better.

    ReplyDelete