NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Sunday, January 6, 2013

On God's Land


The wise woman builds her house, but the foolish tears it down with her own hands.
- Proverbs 14:1

I'm not so foolish as to tear down a good house... or am I?

This was a verse God showed me in the midst of hearing Him on how to better follow His direction... He was showing me how I often try to build my house on MY ground with MY resources, forsaking His design, His location, His resources.  And in doing that... I am essentially, tearing down the house He wants to use me to build.

How?

I need the resources from somewhere.  I can't create out of nothing... only God can [God is the only one who can create something out of nothing].  So I pull the resources from the house He would have me build and hodge-podge together my own idea of what a house should look like.  It goes something like this:

  • He gives me gifts; abilities, access to tangible resources, experience, etc.
  • I take those gifts and try to use them MY way: where, when and how I want them to be used
  • He wants me to use the gifts HIS way, on HIS grounds

So the house he would have me build is torn down by my own hands... and I wonder why the plans aren't working out!?!

God convicted me this week... to begin using the gifts and resources he has given me to build a house on the land He is providing and stop tearing down to build it on the land I want.

I know the good ole 'house on sinking sand' verse would work here too... but God showed me this one and the dramatic act of tearing down I was performing with His desires for me.  I share it today in case you are like me... tearing down the house he wants you to build on His land in order to build a house on your own land... just to watch it crumble and fall.

I pray all your 'houses' are sturdy and strong and, most importantly, build on His land!

Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment