NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Post-it Love

I love Post-Its... they are so much fun!  I especially love doting on my husband with them.  Even the computer post-it program, I love leaving him secret messages he finds when he turns on the computer!

So this week's challenge to be creative, with one idea being to leave notes... loved it!

Last week I drew an "I love you" message in the dirt outside of our RV but I couldn't get to the camera before the message was gone.  Hubby loved it!

Today, however, he wondered what I was up to.  He checked the calendar to make sure it wasn't Valentine's Day already.  He wondered if he was supposed to reciprocate!  Because I didn't leave ONE note (as is more like my custom) I left MANY!

On the door as he walked into the office this morning:

In his empty and waiting coffee cup:

On the handle of the coffee pot:

On his Bible Study notes:

On his reading glasses:

On the back of his Study notes:


The words from my mouth and the actions in the midst of the tug-of-war I find myself in every day between listening to three different children talk at once, computer work, housework, homeschooling... it doesn't always look like I am doting on my husband.  But I am not done trying.

I won't stop trying until the day when every whisper, every breath, every look, every touch... all says "I Love You" regardless of the day, the response, the time.  

I know I can't do it on my own.  I need to be praying daily for God to enter in and work through me in loving on my husband.  If marriage is under attack in our country, it stands to reason mine is not immune!  Only God has the strong shield which can shelter me as I pursue my husband and pursue the proper expression of that which he needs and deserves!

Post-its are just the start!

I pray you are filled with the love of God for your husband for more than a temporary stick-it-up... rather some long-term crazy glue kind of love!

Blessings,




I have felt led to join Courtney at Women Living Well as she challenges wives with the, “Be My Valentine” Marriage Challenge. Join me!

 
also linking up with:



6 comments:

  1. Eek!!!!! This is very similar to what I did for last weeks be my valentine challenge! I LOVE doing this. I used paper and tape though... POST-ITS! Brilliant! Especially now that they make really cute ones! Great post, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a deep blue, his favorite color. And, yes, so much variety at the office store... many sizes too! I hope your husband loved it when you did it! My husband still keeps wondering what I am up to! LOL

      Delete
  2. How cute! I love post it notes too. Maybe I'll do this during the week!! Visiting from Women Living Well.

    Lindsey @ GrowingKidsMinistry.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have always stuck little post-its here and there for him, but not usually as many at once! It always makes his day when I do it but lately he thinks I am up to something because of HOW MUCH I am doing it! LOL Definitely give it a try and have fun!

      Delete