NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

50 Days of Waiting #1


After his suffering he presented himself alive to them by many convincing proofs, appearing to them during forty days and speaking about the kingdom of God.  While staying with them, he ordered them not to leave Jerusalem, but to wait there for the promise of the Father.  "This," he said, "is what you have heard from me; for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now."
Acts 1:3-5

For a few years now I have felt led by God to continue honoring the "Easter Season" through to Pentecost.  I spend the time waiting on Him.  Most of the time I have asked questions of Him and waited for answers. But this time is different.  This time I am simply waiting

For what?  You might ask... I don't know.  I feel like, Jesus has done so much for me; living in human form, teaching, suffering, dieing, raising.  And what have I done?  Lately my prayer and study life has NOT been as good as it should be.  My time is more self-focused than God focused.  Not that I leave God out... just that I am getting into a rut of working AT things with the presumption that he is beside me when I need to be working TOWARDS things He is leading me. 

I have done this before, to my own detriment.  By His Grace, it has been drawn to my attention BEFORE the detrimental stage this time!  And just as Easter was approaching.  So I Knew... I just knew that this Pentecost season I had to simply wait

The disciples, in Acts 1, waited by spending their time praying, gathering, praying, choosing, praying, remembering, praying.... waiting

This mom, wife, disciple, in US 2013, will be spending my time denying my flesh on certain things to remember the sacrifices of Christ.  I will be holding myself to conquering pertinent tasks and Living because He conquered and lived. 

I will be waiting and searching and waiting and studying his promises and waiting... for anything He desires to reveal to me.  Anything that I have not given Him the time or attention to reveal lately.  And if all I find is peace, quiet, Him and no great revelation... no wind or flame or language break... that is OK too.  Because most of all I am just.waiting.for.Him.  To see Him more, know Him more, rely on Him more, trust Him more.  The Holy Spirit may not blow in and sit like fire upon my head... but I believe with all my heart that the Holy Spirit will rest in my soul as I wait.

I don't know what all this will lead to in blogging.  But I do know I want to share pieces of my journey with you.  I realized, after this Call on my heart, that I was experiencing another piece of the Blooming God desires for my life this year - that was exciting to me! 

I pray you find hope and peace in waiting on and for the Lord!

Be Blessed,

 
 
 
 
  
Also linking up with some of these



I have determined that the waiting thoughts I share here I would indicate with the graphic at the top.  If you want to swipe my graphic and wait with me... please do!  I would love to find I am gathered with many, as the disciples were, waiting.

If you decide to wait with me, feel free to share here as well.  The only rules are that your post must be about scripture, prayer, or any area of your life where you are waiting on the Lord or seeing Him move.  I can't promise a particular day of link-up (I know, big no-no in Linky etiquette!!) but we will be traveling again soon so my Internet access will be spotty at times.  Watch the site, watch on Facebook... it will increase the value of waiting!  Or contact me if you might be willing to guest host a specific day of link-up as I prepare and travel :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment