NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

50 Days of Waiting #5





I look for it out the window as the lines on the road blur by.  I'm waiting... in motion but still-on the old, warn, chenille seat. 

What will it be like?  What will THEY be like? 

Life
people
surroundings.




It is home, in a sense, the license plates stay the same, but the sky is different... the horizon is different.  The sun sets behind different trees.  The wind blows harder and longer.

There is space.  Even in this largest city in the state... it seems like just a lot of space.

A soul could get lost in so much space. 




So I float and I flit and I ponder as we park.  What will come of tomorrow?  How many tomorrows until we unlock new home?  Will there be more heart ache or will God give more celebration?  Will it be what we hope... or will we settle for because God has asked us to do just that, with a joyful heart, seeing settle for as so much more in His Kingdom and guidance? Realizing our hopes pale when held up against His plans.

I wait.  I wonder.  I long.

The final transition has been made, now we wait for a job-car-house.  We wait to transition, living like Paul, earning our ministry's way and seeking to discern our exact place in this new mode of being.

I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord more than those who watch for the morning, more than those who watch for the morning. 
- Psalm 130:5-6

Perhaps you are fine where you are... perhaps your heart is in transition... perhaps your world is turning around too.  Where ever you are, I pray the waiting is made perfect by His presence and guidance to peaceful quiet moments in each day.

Blessings,
 
  


 Also linking up with some of these

To see 50 Days of Waiting #1 click here#2, click here#3, click here, and #4, click here,
 
 
 
If you want to swipe my graphic and wait with me... please do!  I would love to find I am gathered with many, as the disciples were, waiting.

If you decide to wait with me, feel free to share below as well.  The only rules are that your post must be about scripture, prayer, or any area of your life where you are waiting on the Lord or seeing Him move. 

Share how you are waiting on the Lord right now.  Enter into the upper room with us...





Waiting on the Lord through the season leading to Pentecost


4 comments:

  1. Waiting is so tough. I love the promise in Isaiah that says those who wait on the Lord will receive strength. Blessings to you in this season of transition. May He give you great favor. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing that word from Isaiah. What a wonderful peace the Word of God is!

      Delete
  2. Hi
    I am following you from Gracelaced Mondays. I am very slow this week. Been busy at my daughter's and forgot to bring my computer cord. Too funny.
    Blessings on your waiting,
    Janis www.janiscox.com

    ReplyDelete