NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Thursday, April 4, 2013

When We Ask-The Word Answers


It has been ca-ra-zy around me lately!  Like the world is flying about and I can't seem to put my hands around anything.  EVERYTHING has been off-kilt; school work, blog work, ministry work... but the worst off-kilt part of my life has been my Bible study time.

But God answers prayers when we pray according to His Word... and I prayed to be impacted through Bible study. 

God drew me, NOT through the James study I had expected to begin doing/writing.  No, He called me to sit and simply follow for a little while.  To be at the feet of Jesus in the book of John... a book I have wanted to dive into but procrastinated because of its length (and how I like to study=lots of time!).

I'm so glad He answered - and that I listened!  Especially with nuggets like these from this morning:

And he said to him, "Very truly, I tell you, you will see heaven opened and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man." 
John 1:51

John 1:51 is prefaced by the fact that Nathanael asked.  Jesus answered and then he went on to state the verse above.

Consider this from the beginning of John:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God.  
John 1:1-2

... and the word became flesh.  The "Word" is Jesus... as it is God... it is all ONE.

So, when I read verse 51 I saw:

And He [the Word] said to him, "Very truly, I tell you, you will see..."

Jesus, the Word that was in the beginning with God, Speaks... and when He speaks, He reveals.

God's Word, the Bible, speaks to us today and when it speaks... it reveals sharper than a two edged sword... it cuts to the heart and reveals!  And when we ask of God's Word... It will answer!

Something to think about today!


However your world spins today, I pray He answers when you pray, that His Word speaks and reveals.

Be blessed,





Want a challenge?  Go through John 1 and highlight EVERYWHERE you see "Jesus", "the word" and all pronouns and synonyms referring to it... including "only begotten son".  You will be amazed! I am following this wonderful Bible Study:


(Don't be deceived by the title, it is simply a Study on the Book of John from beginning to end!  She doesn't tell you what to think about John... she simply shows you how to search the scripture and hear God speak.  It is called the inductive approach which I have done for a few years now but never under such close tutelage and I am loving it!)


Linking up, with some GREAT blogs including Thought Provoking Thursday


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment