NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Best Laid Plans

I am forgoing my Summer of Science thread today because of this thought:

Sometimes our best laid plans can become our worst enemies.

Maybe it was holiday Monday... maybe it was newsletter week and the spiritual attack I always find myself under when it comes time to share about our ministry... maybe it just was.  But we did not get our science project(s) done this week and I don't see how we will until the beginning of next week.

Such is life.

As if not meeting my goals wasn't enough, I fretted about it.  Until yesterday afternoon I was downright inside-out about it and stressed.  Then the Holy Spirit rested peacefully in my heart and said 'It's O.K., some weeks are like that... even in Australia'! 
Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day [ALEXANDER & THE TERRIBLE HORRI]

I am human.  I know you are too.  And I bet you know exactly what I am talking about ;-)  That is why, on Thought Provoking Thursday, I couldn't not post anything and pout about my lack of science this week... I had to post about how all our best laid plans are just that... plans (and ours at that).  And we can do nothing outside of the will of God... and that is ok.

Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.”  - James 4:13-15

And so I say... according to God's will, I shall see you tomorrow!  May all your best laid plans find a place in the will of God... and those things that are not, may you have the peace of Christ in your heart as plans change!
Blessings,



2 comments:

  1. So true. This post speaks to me. Thank you writing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie Anne, You are very welcome, I am glad God could use this post to speak to you today :-)

    ReplyDelete