NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Mother's Homeschool Journal #12


 

In my life this week…
We were invited to a surprise birthday party for our dear missionary friend from India.  Got to see him and his family, some of our Lakeside church family and made a new contact we hope and pray to work with in the future.

 Listened to some Jazz/Blues at the park... loved it!  Can't you tell by their faces?

After a great deal of prayer, God gave me a peace about cutting back my article on KOG to three times a week while we work on our non-profit info.  (We are looking for guest writers!)

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
Cook out in Lakeside tonight with a family we have been ministering to.  An unexpected trip needed to our home church on Sunday to pray and show support as God's work needs warriors.

Other than our usual Library trip and picnic in the park, Tuesday we will be helping at a soup kitchen and Thursday I hope to take Ashley to a big (and FREE) horse show!  Possible heat wave may find us at the local beach on Monday and Tuesday :-) 

Friday I leave for a retreat at the missions base where I hope to observe and support so I can learn to lead and speak at retreats myself.

My favorite thing this week was…
Personal wise:  unexpectedly seeing friends.

Homeschool and mom wise:  Ordering the rest of our needed curriculum on Monday!  Already received Brenden's math!  Looking forward to the rest coming.  I agree with Sue at Homeschool Chic; I look forward to that box of homeschool goodies for the coming year!

In studies:  Revelations in Titus after a hard start.  Kitties cuddled up with me is fun and new as well!
 
Things I’m working on…
Vision development and documentation to begin 501(c)(3) process.  Praying for a possible break from working and considering setting up a schedule that will allow me to better split my time.

I’m reading…
  The book of Titus
 Pew Bible-NRSV [B-NR-ZON BLK 80989]
Almost done with but still working on:
Developing a Vision for Ministry in the 21st Century
I am reading to the kids:
The Moffats
 
I’m praying for…
Time (as per above) eating habits to improve (God to take desire for food that is bad for me away) because I want to be healthier mind, body, and spirit.

Questions/thoughts I have… 
I am considering taking a week off from non-profit paperwork when the rest of our curriculum comes in so I can devote more time to setting up a baseline and building on from there.  I have a review of a great product to do that will coincide with this :-)  Speaking of which, I have another review long overdue.
 
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
As I toiled through some trouble part of this week, this song came on and encouraged me (and helped me to encourage others!)  Thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment