NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Not Ashamed


His name I am not sure if I can share because of the sensitive areas he sometimes serves.  He is a dear Christian Brother and missionary in Africa.  We pray for him and his family each night as they minister in places where they may not be welcome.  We were blessed to come to know them when they received training at the local missions base a few years ago and attended our church at that time.  His heart... his Love for our King inspires me daily.


We invited him to be part of baptising our children 2 summers ago.  We also asked our dear friend, Gerard, to provide 'mood' music at the ceremony as guests arrived.  Gearard inspires us as well.  His selfless obedience and sacrificial love.  His heart for Christ shows on his sleeves, but he is more quiet and tender... still, he humbly said yes.

Our other brother came and saw the guitar and was so moved by the spirit... he ran into the house and grabbed a drum because he just HAD to worship along in something more than simple mingling or swaying.  This brother of ours is humble too... but he is not quiet or reserved... when he worships, EVERYONE is touched by more than the beauty of the music or words.  They are touched by the passion of his heart.

He listens intently, speaks purposefully, and when he worships the whole room moves.  He worships African style:  he jumps, he lifts holy hands, he cries, he shouts for the Lord... He is not ashamed.

I often think of him and his worship when I stand in church on Sunday amidst stoic figures mouthing words and waiting for the sermon.  The Holy Spirit is HERE... NOW I want to shout sometimes.  Maybe if I yelled FIIIRRREEEE, my brothers and sisters in the pews would move

But instead, because of my brother, I have determined to "be the change I want to see" and nothing does it more than this song:


What are we afraid of?  Criticism?  That people will think we are crazy if we jump and shout and dance for our Lord?  Jesus declared...

If anyone is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.  Luke 9:26

So you may say... you are not ashamed of declaring the Bible... the words of Christ but this whole dancing and carrying on is just craziness.  Really?  Consider David as he brought the Ark of the Covenant back:


David, wearing a linen ephod, danced before the Lord with all his might, while he and the entire house of Israel brought up the ark of the Lord with shouts and the sound of trumpets.
2 Samuel 6:14-15

Does this sound like a celebration or what?  Over what?  Essentially, over the Word of God... the Law was in that Ark... God's blessings and presence road with the Ark for those who believed (his curses with those who didn't!)  And did people think he was crazy?  Actually... yes!  His own wife was ashamed of him!  But listen to his response:

David said to Michal, “It was before the Lord, who chose me rather than your father or anyone from his house when he appointed me ruler over the Lord’s people Israel—I will celebrate before the Lord.
 2 Samuel 6:21

Who did David celebrate so exuberantly for?  Not himself... not his brothers... not his family... No, he celebrated before the Lord.

YES, we will be rejected for our faith... Christ guarantees this.  But that is ok... because the rewards for living out the Word, for not being ashamed, far out-weigh any criticism or rejection.

They played the above song at church a few Sundays ago and I practically jumped out of my row of seats (my husband has figured out to set me on the end now so I have room to move about!)  If I kept the energy in I think I might shake apart from it!  And any time I am tempted to keep that fire inside, I think of my brother... I think of his heart which inspired a congregation to MOVE.

Are you on FIRE for the Lord?  Are you ready to MOVE for the LordKLove posted a wonderful sign on their Facebook page last week:


I know... I am radical... but I am not ashamed.  Will you think about being unashamedly radical with me?

Be blessed, no matter how you worship






Linking up with Michelle at Intentional.Me :


Scripture today is from the 1984 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment