NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Specks, Spots, and Nobodies

I am nobody.

I am coming to despise the idea of "self-confidence" and "MY desires"... as radical as that sounds.  But here is the fact...

I am nobody.

If you zoom out from this great big world I bet you can't find me... not even with the strongest view finder on your zooming space-ship!  Nope... I am a speck... I am the speck on a speck!

Nope, can't see me!

I am nobody.

Yet God picks nobodies all the time.  People who don't amount to a hill of beans in the eyes of man... but become great to the Kingdom of God.  And while I don't even consider myself "great" to the Kingdom of God because I humbly acknowledge...

I am nobody...

I know I am somebody to Him who has called me.  My obedience to all that he calls me to do is crucial.  My whole-hearted submission to His plan is the speck that joins with the other speck that joins with another speck... and before you know it you have a spot!  Yet, still..

I am nobody...

... and I can be plucked out - put out of the way for some other nobody to step up and fulfill His call if I decide my specky little spot is nothing... not worth the energy.  Yet, this nobody desires, more than anything, to be within His grace, to be part of the spot making.  Even if...

I am nobody...

... and so I choose to shed the ideas of self-confidence and put on confidence in Christ... shed MY desires and instead strive for His desires through me.  Because if I give up myself and declare:

"I AM A NOBODY!"

I become a somebody in Christ.  I no longer belong to myself - or anyone else - It is the specks of nobodies forming spots of somebodies which eventually transform a world.


“I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.
- Galatians 2:20 (NRSV)

I don't know if God has picked me to transform a world... but He has chosen me to take care of my little spot. 

Just think - all of Christianity got it's start with 12 specks.

May our specks be spots - us nobodies become somebodies in Him... for him.

Blessings,







Linking up today with
P.S.  This wasn't my intention in blog content today! But I prayed, God led, and this is just what fell out there!  I pray somebody is encouraged to know they really aren't a "nobody" when they have Christ working through them.



2 comments:

  1. This is very cute but so very true... So glad my Heavenly Father thinks I'm a somebody :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is funny when God lays these things on my heart! Glad to hear you are a nobody/somebody too! :-) Blessings!

      Delete