NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Thursday, September 29, 2011

In-Box Full


I spent the last few weeks trying to get my elusive schedule down.  I guess that's how it is though, especially in a season of change; there is not enough time for each part of each day to fit correctly. 

As I mourned the loss of sanity and direction, God spoke to me and reminded me: it isn't about what I can do to put my family and life's list of to-dos in order.  It is about HIM first and everything else trickling in afterwards.  It is about finding my way to my knees in every corner, every speck of my day.  He cares about the details more than we do and when we stress and worry only on ourselves, our things, our family and don't give that stress and worry up to HIM, we are not truly putting Him first.

Easier said then done, I know. 

I am regularly reminded of this... of my need to rest only in Him.  Like the Israelites wandering in the wilderness, "One more time around because you seem to have forgotten what I taught you the first 39 years", every time I trust God with my day I have such peace and joy.  Yet, one speed bump, one mishap and then another and another... the enemy piles it on because he knows that if the stack is high enough, God's face is harder to see and the more we scramble to take care of it so we can get back to Him again.

So what if we, when the pile starts to grow, slide it across the desk of life and say, "Here, God, I don't know how I got these, they belong in Your in-box, let me know if I can help with any of it."

After all, we are meant to be used by Him, working through us... right?  Not the opposite where we work through Him (that is impossible!)

Life is so much better with a clean 'desk', knowing the BOSS has the job covered!

May all your in-boxes be empty.  May God manage each task in your busy day so life can be that much more peaceful and full of joy.

Blessings!



6 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more. I have given so much over to God lately. Some by choice, other by desperation of defeat. In doing so, I have had more peace and less frustration. Thanks for posting just what I needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, I am so glad God could use my blog to speak to you today :-) I pray you continue to embrace that peace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful and encouraging post. Reminds me of two scriptures.. that we should seek first the kingdom of God.. and cast all worries onto Him. So hard to cast all worries! Thank you for sharing and encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Misty, Thank you and, yes, wonderful scriptures, thank you for sharing! Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great, I can relate, thank you so much for sharing your heart on this! 39 years in circles...amazing, sad, yet God still in control.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lauren, I hear it said that we will know we have reached perfection when we get to heaven! Praise Him Who speaks to us here, that we might be as close to His image as possible while in this place and Praise Him who takes all the 'junk' off our hands so we can have peace and joy in our hearts!

    Thank you for your comment :-)

    ReplyDelete