NEW BLOG!

NEW BLOG!
THE BLOG HAS MOVED, please visit link in image to see fresh content

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Testify to Hope

My 13 year old is perched on her chair, feet curled under her as she is most comfortable.  "Mom, are you ready to see it now?"  I turn to face the computer screen, grading of today's assignments finally complete, "Yes." I assert with a smile.

She navigates to God Tube where she has had a video waiting to show me.  I groan inward; she is in the habit of watching silly animal videos on this Internet 'chanel' and all I can think is, this is just another one (only this one is SIX minutes long.)

It isn't animals though, it is Aaron Shust talking about his new album.  She and I are often interested in the stories behind the songs we love, so I lean in to listen closely.



What I hear is unexpected.  I won't spoil it (the video is embedded below) but by the end of the video I feel God whispering, "You do understand why I allow bad things to happen to good people, don't you?  You do realize why these stories of my touch as the result of faith exist, don't you?"  I inwardly nod and realize this story must be shared. 

This experience has not happened to him for it to be kept inside... rather, his story has a purpose among people who may never have understood God's grace before.

It is easy, when we are wrapped up in the tough times, to forget God has a purpose for all things.  And while that purpose may be intimate and personal between the bearer of burden and the God of grace, His great provisions and providential moments are meant to be shared; testimonies of faith and hope to encourage other Believers.

So today, I hope God will stir something within your heart as you listen to the words Aaron Shust shares in this story of inspiration for his album, This Is What We Believe.



One of the greatest measures of our faith is our testimony.  Whether it is the story of how we came to know Christ or simply how He has made Himself known in our day-to-day lives.  I would love to help you share your testimonies.  Like the ten healed in Jesus' day, first comes gratitude and then comes sharing. 

Our ministry has been Called to put together a series titled "Testimonies".  The first installment (below) explains our God-given objective in detail.  We also enjoy sharing testimonies on our KOG website and always welcome either interpreted or self-written submissions.

I am not trying to 'sell' anything, please forgive me if this seems like a pitch.  My hope, rather, is that you may be inspired whether here, or on your own blog and in your own life, to sing His praises of what He has done and that you might begin to see, even in the midst of trouble, that Hope never fails.



I pray you will make Him known to others in your own life today.  That His Amazing Grace and your sharing would show all what you believe!

Blessings,








7 comments:

  1. I learn so much by hearing the faith stories of other believers. It's true--we need to share those stories for encouragement and faith of others. Visiting from Ann's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, your post gave me chills...Aaron used to be a member of our church..before he moved north. He launched his career in the basement of a member's home who built a sound studio for him to record in....a few weeks ago, Aaron launched his new cd at our church and he shared his story about his little boy...their trials..and..sitting five feet from me was Laura Story....her story, her testimony ringing in my ears....both, on the outside looking like they have an easy life....but, they are real and have real struggles...sorry to ramble...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca, you should know I welcome rambling! Thank you so much for sharing! What a blessing to be up close to such powerful testimonies! Please, always feel free to 'ramble' on my blog ;-) I mean it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christina,
    Yes, God has really given me a heart to hear and share those stories. It is such a marvelous way to see His fingerprints on our lives! Thanks for visiting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for posting this. I have been struggling with some "why" questions and understanding God's purpose lately. I didn't get solid answers, but I did get His assurance that He is working and there IS a purpose in everything that's happening. I will understand more in His time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true. Sharing our testimonies brings the lost to God. We should never stop telling our stories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. V, so true! Thanks for stopping by :-)

    Jennifer, God showed me at one point in my own life that our ultimate purpose is to reflect and glorify him. Sometimes that comes through pain and heartache, sometimes it is simply lived, but all the times we need to consider how we react and what we do in the situations we face because others look at us to see God. We are not self-righteous and we are not perfect but we are all His children and we all have a duty to share His teaching in how we live out that faith from day to day. His strength will carry us through and our lives are blessed through our faithfulness. Hang in their, God is by your side.

    ReplyDelete